Responsible for implementing and analyzing quality policies and procedures to ensure quality improvement efforts will meet or exceed internal and external customers’ needs and expectations. Assist in management of welding program by documenting and recording welder qualifications to meet industry and customer specifications.
Associates degree or 4 year bachelor degree material science preferred but not required. Experience related in a quality and manufacturing environment. Have a background or training in liquid penetrant testing, magnetic particle testing. Experience with welding processes and would be beneficial to be a certified welding inspector. Understanding of metrology, with the ability to utilize several types of measuring devices, such as calipers, micrometers and coordinate measuring machines. Knowledge of ISO 9000 compliance.
- Lead process and product internal and external quality audits.
- Handle day to day requirements of internal scrap review including documentation of internal scrap
- Identify and implement appropriate statistical metrics and methods.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, work instructions, and inspection checklists.
- Work closely with technical and engineering to develop processes and procedures that meet and exceed market requirements in regards to alloy, welding, heat treat, and nondestructive testing.
- Have solid communication skills. Work closely with customers on customer needs. Handle all customer complaints in conjunction with the quality manager including documentation of root cause analysis.
- Issue return of material authorization and log and disposition all returned materials on time.
- Establish techniques and procedures, interpret codes, standards, and specifications
- Develop, implement and modify quality system procedures to insure compliance with ISO 9001, NORSOK, Military, and other applicable industry standards.
- Handle 3rd party audits of our processes and of castings for our customers.
- Participate in new product development projects including First Article and PPAP preparation and submission.
- Participate, lead and facilitate problem solving teams.
- Participate in supplier development.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Perform any and all other job related tasks as assigned.
Omaha Steel Castings Company