Physicians Laboratory has an immediate opening for a clinical laboratory scientist (medical technologist) or medical laboratory technician in the Chemistry department. This person must be ASCP (American Society for Clinical Pathology) certified or have an equivalent certification. Eligible candidates must be able to work 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm Monday through Friday, along with rotating weekend day shifts and holiday day shift.
- Regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory’s established corrective action policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, Clinical Consultant or Laboratory Director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of new laboratory procedures to maintain current preferred methodologies.
- Communicate results to necessary laboratory personnel and/or clients via verbal, written, or computer link communication in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area according to safety standards and Laboratory image requirements.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the Laboratory.
- Participates in department meetings and Laboratory committee activities to maintain continuity, consistency, and communication within and outside the department.
- Maintain confidentiality of all laboratory information according to Laboratory policy.
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) ensures proper handling of specimens and disposal of contaminated material according to the Laboratory safety procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing, sitting, walking, seeing, hearing, talking, touching, grasping balancing, reaching.
- Constant manual dexterity to utilize laboratory and computer equipment.
- Constant exposure to instrument noise.
- Constant exposure to bio-hazardous materials.
- Frequent climbing, carrying, bending, stooping, keyboard typing.
- Frequent deadlines under pressure.
- Frequent client contact.
- Frequent exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards.
- Occasional exposure to sharps (needles) and edges (blades and /or glass).
- Occasional kneeling.
- Constant lifting/pushing/pulling up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional lifting/pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, & MATERIALS USED:
- Clinical laboratory instrumentation.
- Quality control and Department maintenance charts.
- Computer equipment.
- Photocopy machine.
- Telephone systems.
- Security system.
- Fax machine.
- Safety equipment including PPE.
Benefits eligible position.
Contact Halli Becker, MLS(ASCP)cm at 402-731-4145 with questions.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.