This person will perform molecular microbiology laboratory procedures using established and approved protocols. This position requires the use of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision.
- Perform laboratory testing of biological fluids on specific laboratory instrumentation requiring visual acuity and manual dexterity. Perform maintenance procedures on laboratory instrumentation. Record and monitor quality control data.
- Facilitate requested changes from clients or other staff personnel. Show strong customer service skills in handling client questions and specimen requirement requests.
- Use computer system to enter laboratory test results.
- Maintain confidentiality of all laboratory information according to laboratory policy.
- MT (CLS) or MLT diploma. ASCP certification or equivalent.
- Hologic and/or Panther Molecular test experience preferred
- Attention to detail is a high priority.
- Basic computer skills.
- Mandatory use of personal protective equipment in handling blood and body fluids.
- Compliance with OSHA and laboratory safety procedures.
Benefits eligible position.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.
Full time day shift with rotating weekend and holiday shifts. Additional questions can be answered by Jean Fisher, MT(ASCP), or Kayleigh Griffin, MLS(ASCP) at 402-731-4145.
For consideration, please click on the apply for button and submit your information.