The client services technician is responsible for providing a supportive link between clients and the various laboratory departments for laboratory results, add-on tests, supply orders, and any other client requests. Preference will be given to applicants who are willing to cross train in other areas of the department. This is a Monday through Friday 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm evening shift.
- Receive or initiate telephone calls from or to clients regarding specimen or patient information.
- Access specimen requirements, cost, CPT codes, etc... from the Test Directory.
- Print required reports and verify information appropriately.
- Document and fill out forms properly (requisitions, change forms, client requests for name change, test verification, etc...).
- Facilitate requested changes from clients or other staff personnel.
- Fax results or any requested information to clients as requested.
- Project a professional image using excellent phone etiquette.
- Maintain confidentiality of all laboratory information according to laboratory policy.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail is a high priority.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent telephone communication and courtesy skills.
- Mandatory use of personal protective equipment in handling blood and body fluids.
- Compliance with OSHA and laboratory safety procedures.
Benefits eligible position.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer/E-verify - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.
For consideration, please click on the apply for button and submit your information.