The clinical processor is responsible for sorting and distribution of laboratory blood and body fluid specimens to departments for analysis. This person will also learn data entry of laboratory orders and patient information. This is a Monday through Friday 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm evening shift.
- Receive, sort, pour off and distribute specimens requiring visual acuity and manual dexterity to the appropriate departments or reference laboratories for analysis.
- Ensure specimens are labeled properly and the correct specimen has been submitted for the requested laboratory test by comparing the specimen label to the accompanying requisition.
- Facilitate requested changes from clients or other staff personnel.
- Use computer system to enter laboratory test orders and patient demographics.
- Maintain confidentiality of all laboratory information according to laboratory policy.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail is a high priority.
- Basic computer skills.
- Mandatory use of personal protective equipment in handling blood and body fluids.
- Compliance with OSHA and laboratory safety procedures.
Benefits eligible position.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer/E-verify - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.
For consideration, please click on the apply for button and submit your information.