• Receive specimens from the clinical processing department and prepare them for analysis by the cytotechnologists and pathologists according to laboratory preparation procedures. Main tasks will include processing gynecological and non-gynecologic material, staining and cover-slipping while maintaining a clean and organized work space. Will help monitor supply inventory.
• Ensure specimens are prepared following standard operating procedures for each specimen type.
• This position is very detail-orientated and requires extreme accuracy. Must have absolute integrity in the tasks performed and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality of all laboratory information according to laboratory policy.
• Completes work consistently within acceptable time limits.
• Contribute to the efficient operation of the Laboratory.
• Regular and punctual attendance to assigned work area.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Prior laboratory experience helpful.
- Extremely detail-orientated person; requires excellent visual acuity when reading names and numbers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Mandatory use of personal protective equipment in handling blood and body fluids.
- Compliance with OSHA and laboratory safety procedures.
- Work in a chemical environment, alcohol and xylene fumes.
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting, also involves walking, bending, twisting and reaching.
- Occasional squatting, kneeling and stair climbing.
- Lifts and carries objects up to 30 lbs at least 30 feet.
- Repetitive hand and wrist use.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, & MATERIALS USED:
- Computer keyboard, mouse and hand held scanner.
- Automatic cover-slipping.
- Automatic slide stainer.
- Thinprep equipment.
This is a part time position working Monday through Friday 1:00 pm to 5 pm.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.
Contact Linda Pelletier with questions 402-731-4145.