Phlebotomist - Office site
Physicians Laboratory Omaha, NE
This person will collect laboratory specimens for clinical laboratory testing from patients/clients at office locations under the direction of the Phlebotomy Supervisor. Scheduled for 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday during the client's office hours.
QUALIFICATIONS: 2 to 3 years prior phlebotomy experience necessary.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Collect laboratory specimens for internal or send-out testing by prescribed laboratory methods of venipuncture.
- Maintain specimen collection materials by periodic inventory to insure productive use of time.
- Provide phlebotomy services at client health fairs.
- Occasionally help with traveling phlebotomy.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information according to Laboratory policy.
- Create requisitions for home draws as needed.
- Answer interdepartmental phone calls and ensure professional communication skills at all times.
- Communicate with supervisor when they are out of office by cell phone or documentation when problems escalate out of their ability to handle.
- Participates in department meetings and laboratory committee activities to maintain continuity, consistency, and communication within and outside the department.
- Communicate to main lab personal with necessary information to help with inaccuracies, confusions, request for add-ons, delays, etc. to insure quality laboratory services to our clients.
Benefits eligible position.
Contact Bryan Whitaker at 402-731-4145 with questions.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.
| Date Posted
November 13, 2019
| Date Closes
December 13, 2019
4840 F St
| Located In
| Job Type
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
This job requires the following skills
- Excellent Logic and Reasoning
- Excellent Team Member
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Resolution
- Strong Time Management
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Excellent Communication
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position