Cytotechnologist - Part time
Physicians Laboratory Omaha, NE
- Perform cytological evaluation of specimens in accordance with departmental testing procedures and policies.
- Prepare diagnostic reports.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Cytotechnology; or Certified in Cytotechnology by an HHS approved agency; or "Qualified Cytotechnologist" prior to September 1, 1992, i.e. High School graduate with 6 months cytology training in a laboratory directed by pathologist of ASC certified physician and 2 years of full-time supervised experience or equivalent between 9/1/87 and 9/1/92.
- Must have at least 3 years experience as a Cytotechnologist.
- Perform microscopic evaluation of cytological specimens according to laboratory procedures and workload policies.
- Prepare a final diagnosis on negative/normal gynecologic specimens.
- Prepare provisional diagnosis on all other cases and refers these for review.
- Enter the diagnosis into the computer.
- Maintain absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of results and observes professional discretion with patient information.
- Complete work consistently within acceptable time limits.
- Follow all established policies of department Quality Assurance protocol.
- Maintain accurate individual workload and other appropriate records as required by the laboratory and various regulatory agencies.
- Perform and document routine maintenance on microscopes and other laboratory equipment to ensure optimal instrument operation.
- Document the slide interpretation results of each gynecologic and non- gynecologic cytological case examined or reviewed.
- Document the total number of slides examined in the laboratory for each 24-hour period as well as the number of slides examined in any other laboratory.
- Document the number of hours spent examining slides in each 24-hour period.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the Laboratory.
- Participate in department meetings and Laboratory committee activities to maintain continuity, consistency, and communication within and outside the department.
- Observe strict safety precautions when handling biological specimens and chemicals.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area according to safety standards and Laboratory image requirements.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.
Contact Linda Pelletier at 402-731-4145 with questions.
| Date Posted
August 7, 2019
| Date Closes
September 6, 2019
4840 F St
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
Please list your availability Monday-Friday
| SOC Category
This job requires the following skills
- Quality Control
- Microsoft - Outlook
- Microsoft - Word
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Medical Laboratory
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position