This person will perform microbiology laboratory procedures using established and approved protocols. This position requires the use of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision.
- Plate biological specimens to media according to laboratory procedure to obtain accurate results.
- Perform microscopic evaluation of gram stained specimens and determine follow-up testing to correctly identify pathogens.
- Analyze bacterial growth on various media and determine pathogens to assist in doctor/client diagnosis of patient according to laboratory procedures.
- Identify parasitic and fungal pathogens in various biological specimens.
- Perform laboratory testing of biological fluids on specific laboratory instrumentation requiring visual acuity and manual dexterity. Perform maintenance procedures on laboratory instrumentation. Record and monitor quality control data.
- Facilitate requested changes from clients or other staff personnel. Show strong customer service skills in handling client questions and specimen requirement requests.
- Use computer system to enter laboratory test results.
- Maintain confidentiality of all laboratory information according to laboratory policy.
- MT (CLS) or MLT diploma. ASCP certification or equivalent.
- Attention to detail is a high priority.
- Basic computer skills.
- Mandatory use of personal protective equipment in handling blood and body fluids.
- Compliance with OSHA and laboratory safety procedures.
Benefits eligible position.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.
For consideration, please click on the apply for button and submit your information.