Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist/MLT Evening shift
Physicians Laboratory Omaha, NE
This person will perform microbiology laboratory procedures using established and approved protocols. This position requires the use of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision.
- Plate biological specimens to media according to laboratory procedure to obtain accurate results.
- Perform microscopic evaluation of gram stained specimens and determine follow-up testing to correctly identify pathogens.
- Analyze bacterial growth on various media and determine pathogens to assist in doctor/client diagnosis of patient according to laboratory procedures.
- Identify parasitic and fungal pathogens in various biological specimens.
- Perform laboratory testing of biological fluids on specific laboratory instrumentation requiring visual acuity and manual dexterity. Perform maintenance procedures on laboratory instrumentation. Record and monitor quality control data.
- Facilitate requested changes from clients or other staff personnel. Show strong customer service skills in handling client questions and specimen requirement requests.
- Use computer system to enter laboratory test results.
- Maintain confidentiality of all laboratory information according to laboratory policy.
- MT (CLS) or MLT diploma. ASCP certification or equivalent.
- Attention to detail is a high priority.
- Basic computer skills.
- Mandatory use of personal protective equipment in handling blood and body fluids.
- Compliance with OSHA and laboratory safety procedures.
Benefits eligible position.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.
For consideration, please click on the apply for button and submit your information.
| Date Posted
February 9, 2018
| Date Closes
March 11, 2018
4840 F St
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
29-2011.00 Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
This job requires the following skills
- Computer Usage
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Resolution
- Strong Work Ethic
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Medical Laboratory
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Laboratory Technologist
- Medical Laboratory Technician
This job is related other jobs in these career categories