Are you a leader who knows how to run a business, make decisions, and inspire a team? Do you enjoy being the subject matter expert and helping others achieve success? We are looking for a seasoned professional who will act as a general manager for our rapidly expanding Hello Garage franchise business. The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking to prospective franchisees during the sales process, acting as the “face of the company” during sales and training events, dealing with the day-to-day needs of franchisees, and leading the team tasked with onboarding and supporting Hello Garage franchisees. This person will also partner with the franchisees and assist them with building strong and successful businesses, as well as help with the planning and strategy for the continued long-term growth and profitability of the franchise as a whole. The position is based out of Omaha, Nebraska, and is not a remote position.
What we do:
Hello Garage is a franchise organization focused solely on garage renovation—from polyaspartic floor coating, to storage, to organization. We not only provide our franchisees with superior products but also with proprietary software, business consulting, dedicated training, and support to help them achieve success. Hello Garage is the brainchild of the people at Supportworks, a family-run company that has been helping foundation and concrete contractors across the US and Canada scale their businesses. Together with Supportworks, Hello Garage is redefining the contracting industry by creating remarkable experiences for customers, bigger dreams for contractors, and fulfilling work and lives for employees.
How we do it:
We bestow the gift of high expectations. When we assess ourselves, it is not only about “what” our performance is, but “how” we are going about our work, our interactions with other employees, and the way we carry ourselves every day.
We put the good of the team above ourselves, working together as one company, supporting and helping each other to redefine our industry. We are sincere and trust each other’s intentions, listening attentively, speaking candidly, and treating each other with respect. We have a bias for action and a scrappy way of getting things done – we self-start, take risks, and root others on in doing the same. And we are vulnerable and authentic; we don’t pretend to be who we aren’t. We understand that no job is beneath us.
As the Director of Franchise Operations, you will:
- Be the expert in all aspects of the Hello Garage franchise business with an emphasis on general business operations, technology, sales, and marketing.
- Manage the relationship with outside franchise sales organization and partner on sales calls and the process of bringing the right franchisees to Hello Garage.
- Determine and execute the territory mapping strategy for the franchise. Answer territory questions and resolve all territory issues.
- Negotiate all terms with and answer all questions for franchisees in the sales process.
- Manage the Hello Garage business coaching team.
- Ensure Hello Garage franchisees are held accountable to the brand standards.
- Develop and maintain successful franchisee relationships and provide leadership and influence with our franchisees to achieve operational excellence.
- Continuously assess operational execution, evaluate processes, and partner with franchisees to reduce and resolve issues.
- Identify and create strategies to resolve key issues that may affect the company's image, products, and growth plans.
- Work with other teams within Hello Garage and the parent company, Supportworks. Utilize resources, strategic partnerships, peers, and support functions to achieve business goals.
- Ensure that Hello Garage provides training to help franchisees deliver on sales, installation, and other franchise standards.
- Build a communication system to ensure franchisees’ concerns are always heard and responded to immediately.
- Be the subject matter expert on the Franchise Disclosure Document and Franchise Agreement. Lead annual updates and filing with outside counsel and manage candidate questions and edit requests.
- Oversee the Hello Garage Operations Manual and lead the completion and communication of periodic updates.
- Manage all external partnerships (financing companies, payment providers, accounting companies, and more).
Education and Experience:
- Approximately five (5) to seven (7) years of any combination of experience and/or education that demonstrates a commanding knowledge in business operations in a leadership role
- Strong knowledge in general business functions and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally
- Presentation skills
- Strong analytical, decision making, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic; commitment to seeing duties completed at a high standard of quality
- Travel up to 50%
Supportworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives. Supportworks shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.