Do you want to challenge the status quo? Are you ready to join a thriving company whose history is truly in the making? Supportworks Inc. is looking for a Staff Accountant who is eager to roll up his/her sleeves, get involved in invoicing and payment processing to provide a WOW experience to our customers!
What we do:
At Supportworks, we design, manufacture and distribute industry-leading foundation and concrete repair products, available exclusively to contractors in our network. We also provide contractors with dedicated training, support, software and resources to help them grow and sustain their businesses. We are redefining the contracting industry by fueling remarkable experiences for homeowners, bigger dreams for contractors, and fulfilling work and lives for employees.
How we do it: The HOW is just as important as the WHAT.
We bestow the gift of high expectations. When we assess ourselves, it is not only about “what” our performance is, but “how” we are going about our work, our interactions with other employees and the way we carry ourselves every day.
We put the good of the team above ourselves, working together as one company, supporting and helping each other to redefine our industry. We are sincere and trust each other’s intentions, listening attentively, speaking candidly and treating each other with respect. We have a bias for action and a scrappy way of getting things done – we self-start, take risks and root others on in doing the same. And we are vulnerable and authentic; we don’t pretend to be who we aren’t. We understand that no job is beneath us.
As a Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of daily billing.
- Responsible for correspondence to customers in regards to their balance due.
- Work with warehouse on a day to day basis to ensure billing is accurate and complete.
- Calculate and process finance charges on a monthly basis.
- Communicating with customers by phone to bring late accounts up to current status.
- Educate customers on keeping their accounts current.
- Produce and distribute monthly statements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Minimize bad debt exposure.
- Maintain A/R aging to keep ratios at an acceptable level.
- Respond to credit reference requests from third parties.
- Completing daily deposits and posting to customers’ accounts.
- Reconcile cash receipts to bank posting.
- Communicate with customers on application of payments to ensure our records match.
- Complete weekly cash report.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting is required.
- Two+ years’ experience in accounting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism.
- Great organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Inventory experience is a plus.
Supportworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Supportworks shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.