Oxbow Animal Health is a growing manufacturer and global distributor of premium nutritional foods and supplements for small animals. We are seeking a talented individual to assist in our summer educational Intermediate Veterinarian Camps, as a Camp Instructor. The Instructor is responsible for presenting science and animal related camp activities to groups of children ages 11-14. Oxbow offers a friendly, team-based environment where employees can be innovative and teach children about science and animal care.
This is a seasonal position, during the summer in June/July of 2021. There are two camp sessions; additional shifts throughout the summer may be available if interested. Camp sessions run Monday through Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Teaching certification with science endorsement OR an educational background in science or veterinarian science preferred
- Experience working with youth in a leadership capacity preferred (for example, as camp counselor or other youth organizations, such as 4-H or scouts)
- Ability to be flexible and adapt as needed
- Ability to follow direction
- Manage group of 12-15 campers, ranging in age from eleven to fourteen years of age.
- Present veterinary science, biology, and zoology learning sections.
- Under the direction of the Camp Director, provide instruction and behavior management, as applicable.
- Ensure a positive, fun camp experience.
- Comply with all safety rules and ensure a safe learning environment for all participants.
Reports to: Education Manager
Interested parties, please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Oxbow Animal Health