3PM-11PM Shift. Monday - Friday
Sapp Bros., Inc., a growing chain of travel centers, is looking for experienced Service Writers to join our Service Writer team. At Sapp Bros., Inc., our mission is to treat every customer as "our guest" by providing a clean environment, quality products, and a commitment to excellent service. Our dedicated team ensures that we achieve this mission every day.
As a Service Writer, you will provide our 5 Star level of customer service by greeting customers, assisting them with any inquiries they may have regarding their vehicles, and writing service tickets as necessary. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced diesel maintenance shop with a growing company, and you meet our qualifications, we want to talk to you!
As a Service Writer, you will be responsible for building strong customer relationships and ensuring that customers receive prompt, courteous, and effective assistance. You will communicate with customers from initial contact all through completion of maintenance, always ensuring that customer's expectations are not just met but exceeded.
Responsibilities of the Service Writer include:
- Builds strong customer relationships and ensuring that customers receive prompt, courteous, and effective assistance.
- Start Lock Out Tag Out procedures on all vehicles getting work done.
- Communicates with customers from initial contact all through completion of maintenance, always ensuring that customer’s expectations are not just met but exceeded.
- Maintains and contributes to efficient throughput of assigned jobs.
- Operates daily functions to ensure customer needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assigns work orders to the proper skilled technician to ensure the highest quality of work is obtained.
- Delivers 5 Star Service by handling incoming calls to meet caller’s expectations in a professional and timely manner.
- Properly completing work orders.
- Helps with stocking and counting inventory.
- Assists with over the counter sales when needed.
- Helps with maintaining fleet accounts.
- Performs daily cleaning duties.
- Performs parts deliveries and pickups.
- Follows all established safety guidelines, including 100% compliance for Lock Out Tag Out.
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
Successful candidates for the Service Writer role should be able to perform basic math skills and have good typing skills. Someone with the ability to use computer applications and adding machines would be a good fit for this dynamic role.
Requirements of the Service Writer include:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Minimum of 1 year of pervious related experience in a service advisor or service writer role, preferred.
- Experience with typing or keyboarding.
- Physical presence at assigned work site, required.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
* Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Long term Disability
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
* Education Assistance Program
* Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement - We promote from within!