Local CDL Driver - Nights. **Make up to $80,000 Annually with an Annual Bonus Program***
Sapp Bros. is looking for a motivated, efficient and safe Local CDL Driver to join our Driver Team. Sapp Bros is an integrated company with a lot to offer a driver and will utilize your skills to the full potential. This person will have the ability to support several divisions and departments within the company. We truly believe to be the most efficient and provide the best service to our customers we need to have the best drivers on the road and that takes you.
As a Local CDL Truck Driver, you will be responsible for the safe loading, transportation, and delivery of gasoline, diesel fuel, Motor Oil, DEF, propane, tires, or merchandise to our truck stops or directly to a customer's place of business. Our driver positions are local and you are home every night!
* Transporting and delivering the products of Sapp Bros., Inc. in a professional, safe, efficient, timely and legal manner
* Hooking and unhooking trailers when required
* Securing all case products, propane bottles, hoses and other essential tools required by the job, by using any company approved securing method; which will include, but is not limited to, the use of wrapped pallets, straps, tie downs, etc.
* Loading and unloading trailers when required while performing frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of products, hoses, propane bottles and applicable tools for the job
* Successfully completing 4-6 weeks of On the Job Training
* Training new drivers
* Completing all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under State and Federal Laws and Regulations
* Ensuring that all operations are in compliance with State and Federal Laws and Regulations, as well as, the policies of Sapp Bros., Inc.
* Representing Sapp Bros., Inc. to our customers, the public and the Trucking Industry in a professional manner and deliver 5 star service at all times
* Must be able and willing to flex between different job/route assignments as business conditions require
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
In this Local CDL Truck Driver role, you must be focused on safety, detail-oriented, and motivated to do the job right the first time!
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B required, Class A strongly preferred
* Hazmat, Airbrakes, and Tanker endorsement strongly preferred and would need to be obtained upon employment.
* Possess a current DOT health card
* An excellent driving and safety record
* Pass Criminal Background Check; including: Motor Vehicle Records, D.O.T., and Employment reference verification
* Must have a negative result on all drug & alcohol screening tests, pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and random
* Previous experience in Oil and/or Fuel Transportation, preferred
* Able to remain alert while driving for periods of time, up to, 11 hours
* Able to squat, crouch, and reach, as needed, to handle, secure and deliver our products
* Able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab numerous times each day
* Able to push freight weighing up to 1,000 lbs. on a dolly or cart and able to move product up to 80 lbs. with or without mechanical aid
* Able to handle any special equipment required in the delivery of our products
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
* Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Prescription Plan
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
* Education Assistance Program
* Uniform provided by Sapp Bros.
* Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement - We promote from within!