Are you looking for an opportunity to build a great career with a company where you and your efforts will truly be valued? Join our Sapp Bros. team! We are currently adding to our Petroleum Leadership team. In the role of a Regional General Manager you will develop and manage your team, while creating a safe, profitable and sustainable business.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the daily operational processes and acting as a liaison between corporate resources and the Petroleum locations within the region.
- Providing constructive and timely performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Establishing, implementing, and communicating the strategic direction of the organization's petroleum for your region.
- Enforcing safety in region, providing ongoing active coaching and enforcement/adherence to all safety policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with other Regional General Managers to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operational projects and systems.
- Ensuring the regional decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization's business plan and vision.
- Directly managing of regions leadership, which includes; Refined Fuel Manager, Propane Manager, Operations Manager, Sapp Bros Transportation Leads.
- Managing procurement processes and coordinates material and resources allocation.
- Helping manage relationships/agreements with external partners and vendors.
- Understanding the financial impact decisions and processes within the region can make and ultimately head responsible for the profitability for the region.
- Partnering with Human Resource Manager and President of Petroleum/CEO regarding performance trends and retention within your region.
- Identifying training needs and ensuring proper training is developed and provided.
- Helping coordinate and guide sales efforts inside region, in collaboration with the sales manager and assigned salesperson.
- Working with Petroleum Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Fleet Manager, and Refined Fuel Manager to implement and execute corporate initiatives.
- Providing a physical presence at each location within your region on a regular basis.
- Overseeing all purchasing and procurement for packaged and bulk lubricants and chemicals.
- Responsible for efficiency and profitability of packaged and bulk lubricants delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or other industry related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry-related experience including 3 years supervisory experience, required.
- Resilient and adaptable in an every changing environment.
- Experience in the Oil, Fuel and Transportation field, preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. Check out our additional benefits below:
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Education Assistance Program
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
- Store & Restaurant Discounts
- Career Advancement - We promote from within!
Sapp Bros., Inc.