Diesel Mechanic Technician (7A-3p)
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a great career with a company where you and your efforts will truly be valued? Join our team at Sapp Bros.! We operate a chain of travel centers stretching from Utah to Pennsylvania, providing our customers with quality products, a clean environment, and a commitment to excellent service. We are currently looking for experienced and hard-working candidates to fill open Diesel Mechanic positions.
In this role, you will service heavy-duty trucks and trailers and will troubleshoot problems and conduct repairs in a thorough and efficient manner. We offer competitive compensation, tool assistance program, including benefits and plenty of opportunities for advancement. If you want a great job with a fantastic company, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Diesel Mechanic, you will play a key role in our mission to be the friendliest and cleanest travel center in the United States. You will inspect, diagnose, and repair mechanical, electrical, and other defects in our guests' heavy-duty semi-tractors and trailers, providing a full range of diesel repair and maintenance services.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Ensuring that customer needs are met in a professional, timely, and efficient manner
* Replacing and balancing tires, following established tire dismount and mount procedures
* Repairing or replacing starters, generators, and universal joints
* Adjusting and/or replacing brakes
* Discussing service and repair problems with customers when necessary
* Helping to complete work orders
* Performing emergency repairs in the field
* Performing minor arc welding
* Help train and advance other team members
* Ensuring that housekeeping guidelines are followed
* Following all established safety guidelines, including 100% compliance for Lock Out Tag Out
* Adhering to established drain plug torque procedures
* Performing additional duties assigned by your manager
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
As a Diesel Mechanic, you must be reliable and hard working with strong mechanical and technical inclination. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. It is also important that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a cooperative attitude, and a willingness to assist others.
Additional qualifications for the position include:
* High school graduate or GED, preferred
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Minimum 1 year of previously related experience in automotive or diesel, preferred
* A combination of training, education, and/or experience equivalent to the standards set forth by Sapp Bros service center
* Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical problems
* ASE Certification, preferred
* Ability to provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States
* Willingness to undergo a criminal background and employment reference check
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
* Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Prescription Plan
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
* Education Assistance Program
* ASE Certifications paid for by company
* Tool Assistance Program
* Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement - We promote from within!
Sapp Bros., Inc.