The Manager In Training will be trained at one or several of our travel center locations. This individual will train with managers and GM's with the goal of becoming a Manager at one of our 17 Travel Center locations. This individual must be open to relocation and have a drive for learning the business and leading teams. Local applicants are encouraged to apply, please note that we will ask for relocation availability.
"Providing superior customer service requires superior people!"
Are you looking to start a career in Retail Management? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career as a Manager for a growing organization? We invite you to join our team as a Manager in Training! Sapp Bros Inc., a growing chain of travel centers, is looking for Managers in Training to join our management team, and we're willing to train the right candidate! At Sapp Bros, our mission is to treat every customer as "our guest" by providing a clean environment, quality products, and a commitment to excellent service. Our management team ensures that we achieve this mission every day.
As a Manager in Training, you will learn how to be responsible for the overall sales growth and profitability of a department within a specific location. You will learn how to oversee a team of direct reports in a fast-paced retail environment where rapid decision-making abilities are required. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your retail operations / management career with a growing company, and you meet our qualifications, we want to talk to you!
As a Manager in Training, you will be a part of the retail management team that helps maintain and supervise the integrity, quality, and customer service that our company provides. We require our management team to be enthusiastically passionate about delivering outstanding Guest Service while creating a culture of caring for and about the people they oversee.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Interviewing prospective employees and understanding the hiring process from start to finish
- Developing contests for team members aimed to achieve sales/production goals
- Investigating cash shortages or inventory variations for the store
- Keeping schedule updated at least three weeks in advance; approving vacation requests
- Coaching team members regarding effective approaches to address problems during their shift
- Attending regularly scheduled Safety and Department meetings
- Walking around entire facility to ensure we are the cleanest travel center in the United States
- Assisting in setting sales goal for upcoming fiscal year
- Researching variations on repair and maintenance costs compared to previous month's P&L
- Working shoulder to shoulder with team members and other managers to understand all operations of the business in all departments
- Adjusting retail pricing due to changes in wholesale costs and discussing merchandising feedback with the VP of Merchandising and General Manager
- Leading by example and coaching team members on providing 5 star guest service 100% of the time
- Ensuring department meets and exceeds all corporate office deadlines
- Ensuring all new team member trainees have hands-on training to learn how every job in the travel center functions and assisting with their onboarding
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
Qualified Managers should be hands-on individuals with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively. Flexibility in this training program is a necessary ingredient for success. Successful candidates will be expected to understand that they will be role models for Direct Reports and Retail General Associates; therefore, they will need to work within the guidelines that are expected from our staff. Our locations are open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week; as a Manager in Training, you can plan on working approximately 40 or more hours per work week.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to pass a criminal background, credit, and employment reference check
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, 50 hours per week
- Experience in Managing a team of people is preferred
- Retail experience is preferred
- Willingness to relocate if necessary
- Physical presence at assigned work site required
We at Sapp Bros are proud of our hard work ethic and family culture. We set the bar very high with our expectations, but we reward those who achieve our expectations with a percentage of profit directly from their department. Sapp Bros is a place where everyone works hard to be the very best by being the friendliest and cleanest travel center in the United States. This is not an easy job, but it is very rewarding to serve the traveling public and trucking industry. We offer many nationwide opportunities for career advancement for managers who can lead a team of people that consistently deliver "Wow" service.
* Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Long Term Disability
* Prescription Plan
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
* Education Assistance Program
* Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement - We promote from within!
Sapp Bros., Inc.