Human Resource Leave and Benefit Coordinator
Are you looking for a professional, challenging, and customer service driven Human Resources role? If so, this is the opportunity for you.
We are in a diverse workforce due to being in several industries, which translates to our HR team as an ever changing and challenging environment. You will have the opportunity to take great ownership and responsibility of the benefit and leave processes; as well as the opportunity to expand your HR knowledge and grow into other areas of HR. If this sounds exciting to you, please review the below job responsibilities and reach out to us!
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Provides communication reminders and education for new hires to sign up for benefits.
- Performs open enrollment administrative duties including testing, technical support, tracking completion and EOIs.
- Assists with inputting Benefit Service Requests into ADP team, tracking appropriately, and escalating system issues.
- Assists with daily employee claim questions and coordination with Benefit Vendors.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Performs Affordable Care Act (ACA) maintenance and record keeping.
- Assist with HR billing; including health insurance invoices reconciled timely and accurately.
- Assists with providing employee benefit education through webinars and phone calls.
- Collaborates with Payroll regarding inputting of medical support notices as well as other benefit changes that occur in alignment with the employee life cycle.
- Assists in benefits research as assigned by HR Manager.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork in partnership with HR Business Partner: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Ensures confidentiality of all HR and protective of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Conducts audits and mandatory reporting, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings and other compliance reviews.
- Partners with Human Resource Business Partner in effectively interpreting FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
- Ability to work in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's ADP system.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws, including ACA, FMLA, ADA, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and make quick decisive and accurate decisions.
- Ability to prioritize on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work patiently and professional at all times with multiple levels of the workforce.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
- PHR, preferred
- Strong customer service experience, preferred.
- Experience with ADP, preferred
Sapp Bros., Inc. is a collection of 17 full-service, friendly travel centers; primarily located on Interstate-80 from as far west as Salt Lake City, Utah to Clearfield, Pennsylvania in the east. Sapp Bros. is also a leading petroleum wholesale distributor with a robust offering related to refined fuels, lubricants, oil, propane, diesel exhaust fluid, compressed natural gas, kerosene, additives, solvents, and many other associated products, services, and equipment. Sapp Bros. partners with nearly all petroleum manufacturers to ensure their travel centers and 30+ wholesale outlets have the most in-demand products and services.
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. Check out our additional benefits below:
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Education Assistance Program
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
- Store & Restaurant Discounts
- Career Advancement - We promote from within!