Do more than find a job. Join a Community! Washington County Bank is currently seeking an Operations Specialist to be responsible for a variety of moderately to highly complex operations functions to support bank operations. Oversees the bank’s IRA portfolio, EOY tax coordination, Cash Management products including daily tracking of ACH Origination submitted files.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the SVP/CFO/COO and SVP of Retail with the growth and development of Cash Management related products/services, such as account analysis, ACH services, Positive Pay, Wire functions, Remote Deposit Capture and Merchant Services.
- Coordinates with Bank Lenders and other bank departments to complete calls on existing customers and prospects.
- Conducts professional, knowledgeable and positive client presentations as needed.
- Conducts training for bank personnel on the features and benefits of cash management products and services.
- Prepares and posts monthly Cash Management fees.
- Assists internal staff with troubleshooting and/or contact with vendor(s) for Cash Management related products/services.
- Manages the bank’s IRA portfolio including ensuring proper tax reporting for customer transactions and EOY notices.
- Provides support to front line staff and acts as a point of escalation for uncommon IRA issues.
- Designs and builds Business Intelligence front end reporting and dashboards utilizing all possible information delivery channels for all divisions.
- Manages the core banking relationships and compliance with service level agreements/contractual commitments.
- Manages oversight of the bank’s core system PCD’s. To include communication with vendors and managing ongoing enhancement projects as needed.
- Maintains log of files/entries sent and exceeded ACH exposure limits for ACH Originators.
- Provides support and prepares documentation for annual NACHA Audit.
- Manages the onboarding and transaction maintenance for CDARS/ICS products and CD Rateline Investments. Maintain files.
- Supports the Business Continuity Planning process.
- Provides a full range of professional, technical and general support to customers and bank personnel.
- Assists in the coordination and support of all audits and examinations.
- Performs a variety of routine daily tasks; reviews reports; prepares correspondence and participates in special projects.
- Exhibits professional behavior and promotes positive working relationships. Practices WCB values and supports the goals and strategic plans of the Bank. Conducts personal finances in a manner consistent with the Employee Handbook and Code of Business Conduct. Accountable for continuous best effects to complete the job assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Professional communication: oral, written, listening, and presentation.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time and priorities.
- Problem solving.
- Team player.
- Critical thinking and decision making.
- Self-directed and continuous learning.
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Four years operations experience in a centralized bank operations area.
- Extensive knowledge of cash management services and related areas.
- Skills in personal computer operation; spreadsheet software programs.
- Experience, knowledge and training in bank operation activities, terminology and products and services relating to retail and commercial accounts.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Knowledge of general office practices.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up the 10 pounds.
- The incumbent must be able to perform this position safely, without endangering the health or safety to himself or herself or others.
Equal Opportunity Employer