- Are you an RN with administrative experience looking for a challenging new career opportunity?
- Do you long for a smaller, more manageable work environment with a family-friendly atmosphere?
Then the Lincoln branch of
Physicians Choice Home Health Care
is the place for you!
Statement of Purpose:
The Director of Professional Services is responsible for the supervision and coordination of all home health clinical services for all disciplines, including nursing, home health aide, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and medical social work for Physicians Choice Home Health Care (Agency). The Director establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for home health services, which meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy of the company. The Director is responsible to evaluate and maintain home health services to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Current license as a registered nurse to practice nursing in the state of Nebraska or a Compact State
- Current CPR certification.
- Minimum of two years in health care supervision, preferably in a home care setting.
- Minimum of two years in home health care as a clinician preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State home health care regulations/accreditation standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and general computer functions.
- Strong knowledge base with the OASIS documentation requirements, coding principals, and review of data.
- Completes pre-employment health screening and other tests as required by the state of Nebraska.
- Communicates articulately in oral and written format, with well-developed interpersonal skills and personnel management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment that is not substantially exposed to the adverse environmental conditions such as heat, cold, or extreme noise. Travel may be required. This position is normally sedentary in nature with minimal lifting requirements but may include lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. The incumbent must be able to grasp, feel, hear, speak, sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift. Fieldwork may have the potential of exposure to communicable disease as well as require the handling of biohazard materials. The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer systems and programs utilized by the company, including proficiency in the operation of a personal computer, keyboard, basic office equipment, and small medical equipment.
Occupational Exposure/Personal Protective Equipment
This employee is in Category 1 with requirements for Personal Protective Equipment as follows:
- Gloves – sterile or non-sterile, depending on type of treatment.
- Gown – moisture impervious, depending on the type of treatment or secretions.
- Hand washing.
- Mask, goggles or face shield, if potential for splashing exists.
Infectious waste disposal, if applicable.