The Physicians Choice Home Health Care Registered Nurse provides high quality nursing care to the home health care client in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the policies of the company.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and eligible to practice nursing in the state of Nebraska.
- One to three years of nursing experience.
- One year of nursing experience in home health preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Completes pre-employment health screening and other tests as required by the state of Nebraska.
- Is a licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with Agency requirements and is in good working order, or has alternative reliable transportation.
The incumbent primarily works in client homes, which requires driving and navigating in a variety of weather conditions to include those of extreme nature. The incumbent must be able to grasp, feel, hear, speak, sit, stand, walk, reach, pull, push, and lift. Work conditions may also require heavy lifting greater than 50 pounds and extensive bending. Fieldwork will have the potential of exposure to communicable disease as well as require the handling of biohazard materials. Work conditions may also require heavy lifting greater than 50 pounds and extensive bending. The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer systems and programs utilized by the company. They must also be able to operate a personal computer, keyboard, and basic office equipment
Occupational Exposure/Personal Protective Equipment:
This employee is in Category 1 with requirements for Personal Protective Equipment as follows:
- Gloves – sterile or non-sterile, depending on type of treatment.
- Gown – moisture impervious, depending on the type of treatment or secretions.
- Hand washing.
- Mask, goggles or face shield, if potential for splashing exists.
Infectious waste disposal, if applicable.