SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Network Engineer possesses knowledge of, and skill in applying:
- Network standards, protocols, and procedures
- Capabilities and applications of network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, servers, transmission media, and related hardware the organizations network architecture and infrastructure local area and wide area networking principles and concepts including bandwidth management
- Network systems design, development, testing, installation, operations, management, and maintenance concepts and methods the organizations network architecture, topology, and protocols
- Assist in the development, configuration, installation, and maintenance of networked systems including local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs)
- Perform routine network configuration management functions
- Provide network services that support business requirements
- Plan, design, develop, and integrate network systems consistent with existing or planned network infrastructures
- Secret Clearance *Required*
- DoD Experience - DISA Experience Preferred
- Experience with one or more vendor applications: CiscoWorks, Brocade Network Advisor, CA Spectrum, Infoblox, ForeScout CounterAct, Wireshark
- Experience with one or more technologies: MPLS/VPLS, VLANs, DHCP, VRRP, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, NAT/PAT, QOS, NAC, Spanning Tree, VPN, Commercial Circuits (T1s, DS3s OC3s, TLS), Etherchannel, Access-lists, WCCP Filters, Policy Routing, TFTP/SFTP
- Experience with one or more vendor equipment: CISCO/Brocade Routers and Switches, Cisco Sonet, Avaya, Cisco Wireless (WiSM, WCS, APs), General Dynamic Taclanes, CISCO ACE hardware for load balancing, CISCO ASA/PIX Firewalls/FWSM, Cisco NAM
- Extensive Network troubleshooting
- Attention to Detail - Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services; is committed to quality deliverables.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations and resolve issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent required; diploma from a technical or vocational school or have acquired equivalent military/DoD training. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred. Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years of technical support experience with IT Network operations, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support as well as supervisory skills in Network operations, management, and personnel.
Candidate must possess the following certifications in order to meet the DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Information Assurance (IA) Requirement:
Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
CompTIA, Security+ ce (Required IF candidate does not posses a CCNA-Security)
CISCO, Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA-Security)(Highly desired- supersedes Security+Ce)
GIAC, Security Essentials Certification: (GSEC)
ISC2, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Higher certifications that meet IAT III requirements are also acceptable. (Must be approved and verified by management.)
Applicant must also have at least one of the following Computing Environment (CE) certifications within 180 days from his/her start date:
CISCO: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA (Required)
CISCO: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (Strongly Desired)
- Manual dexterity 80% to 100% of the time
- Lifting up to 25 pounds 15% of the time
- Carrying up to 25 pounds 15% of the time
- Reaching 25% of the time
- Standing 25% of the time
- Sitting 50% of the time
- Walking 25% of the time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Incumbent must be available on an on-call basis to provide immediate assistance in the event of an on-line system failure or other demands as required.
- Some heavy lifting may be required.
- Work is performed in an office setting, computer operations, telecommunications center, telephone closets, electrical distribution centers, panels, and hallways.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company