Director of Business Lines Alexandria, VA
Industry: Small Government Contracting Tribally Owned Company
Expertise: 50% Business Development in Government and 50% Operational Management. Must be an expert in both areas of expertise.
Reporting to an Executive Director, All Native Group (ANG), the Director has responsibilities that require strategic thinking and planning for the long-term success of All Native Group (ANG). In general this position works to maintain/improve business relationships within the federal & state marketplace. This position will identify and manage key staff to maintain organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
The Director manages the overall operations throughout the business line for the All Native Group (A Division of Ho-Chunk Inc.) Primary areas involve interaction and advising federal & state agencies on ANG capabilities areas representing a diverse knowledge of various high level capabilities, along with the specialized areas of niche markets. The job requires the Director to collaboratively develop and implement approved organizational strategies.
The Director is responsible for monitoring, supporting, and managing the successful delivery of operations across multiple functional areas, including finance, human resources, project delivery, administration and contracts, capture, proposals, business development and customer engagement. The Director will be based in the vicinity of the Alexandria, VA ANG office and reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administration and Management:
- Coordinate strategic planning, business development integration, resource allocation, human capital resource modeling, contracting, and coordination of people and resources.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Utilize existing financial reports to monitor and communicate company financials with key stakeholders, such as ANG leadership, project managers, employees, and group leadership. Influence costs by managing and monitoring spending in indirect expense areas, such as training and development.
- Business Development and Capture:
- Develop new business by following BD and capture processes and procedures. Assist with proposal information as needed. Duties will involve full life cycle business including growth and development: building relationships with key decision makers, business development, capture strategy, proposal writing and coordination with the operations and business development team during and after contract award.
- Business/Contracts Growth:
- Manage contracting growth efforts and procedures across a number of markets (e.g., Federal, commercial, state, and local). Attend to the details of how contracts work, the differences between different types of contracts (T&M, FFP etc.), and how profit is earned as part of each contract.
- This position will serve as a point of representation and liaison with external constituencies on operational matters, and provide day-to-day strategic guidance and leadership as appropriate in the areas of business operations. This position would be able to frequently visit local sites and provide additional insight for the growth and expansion of existing contracts and new work for ANG.
- Resource Allocation:
- Ensure appropriate corporate resources (Recruiting, Contracts, Pricing, and Facilities) in support of company and new proposal efforts. Monitor staff utilization and make adjustments to the allocation of resources in collaboration with stakeholder leadership.
- Provide consistent and regular communication to managers and employees about the importance of proper financial management, including meeting financial targets and communicating financial liabilities. Encourage formal training, to introduce knowledge that can be used for company growth and efficiency. Ensure compliance with time recording systems and mandatory training.
- Demonstrated experience working across Federal, State, and local sectors. (Government Contracting experience)
- Proven Business Development experience
- Proven Operational Management experience
- MBA or Masters degree in Business Administration or related field (proven and documented experience can be used in place of education).
- At least 15 years of experience in financial and/or management activities, such as project management, financial management, human resources management, contract
management and/or customer service management.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, retention, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Conflict Management skills to resolves challenges in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
- Partnering and collaboration skills to develop networks, build alliances, engage in cross-functional activities and find common ground with stakeholders.
- Sound business ethics/integrity and a commitment to corporate responsibility.
- Critical thinking-using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches to problems.
- Stability-the tendency to handle stress, maintain an even temperament and demonstrate confidence across most situations while ensuring transparency within the Ho-Chunk companies.
- Proven supervision, leadership and coaching skills.
- Experience in the field of Federal Contracts Management and related business line markets.
- Experience with federal & state government agencies.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company