Communications Network Engineering III JOBID#1620
Ho-Chunk, Inc. Lorton, VA
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN communications.
- Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
- Assists in the development and design of plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
- Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
- Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services. In conjunction with functional users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
- Knowledge of the configuration of telecommunications equipment to include the major hardware providers such as Cisco and Juniper.
- Installs, configures and maintains network appliances, equipment and security devices.
- Diagnose and resolve network related issues involving network, and computer devices.
- Network Configuration Management of deployed devices.
- Support overall network and computer infrastructure.
- Network Documentation.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Requires thorough understanding of the OSI model and how it relates to IP communication.
- A minimum 6 years of design and management of progressively more complex telecommunications and local and wide area networks (LANs/WANs) using similar software and hardware as those described in task order requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- (This labor category was amended as of June to include the following:)
- Or 3+ years of SIGNET experience as a certified operator in 3 or more modes.
- Or 3+ years of SIGNET experience with an instructor level certification in one or more modes.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
| Date Posted
August 30, 2017
| Date Closes
September 29, 2017
| Located In
| SOC Category