Founded in 1986, Insurance Agency Marketing Services, Inc. is a solid, success-oriented company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our producers. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
The Content Creator/Copywriter will be joining the IAMS Creative Services Team in developing and establishing new standards and best practices for content creation and copywriting, including for mass email communications, social media marketing and advertising, articles and blog posts, informative turnkey materials and presentations, and other content creation opportunities. Creative individuals with high drive and a desire to help shape the progress and direction of a well-established company are preferred. Please include writing samples when applying for this post, showcasing unique voices and content that is geared to multiple educational levels.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline preferred; Associate’s degree and experience in fields listed will also be considered.
- Understanding of best practices for varying copywriting needs, such as ad copy, web copy, social media copy, etc., as well as different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms
- Experience with SEO and keyword optimization
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as strong research skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, work independently and with a team, and manage deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides
Preferred Job Requirements
- Experience in annuity life insurance industry recommended
- Experience establishing the voice of brands preferred but not required
- Wordpress experience a bonus
- Prior experience with mass email sending
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Experience working with WordPress, content management systems, etc.
- Strong business acumen; understand and deal with business situations in a manner that leads to a positive outcome.
- Energetic, positive personality. Works well in a team setting.
Essential Job Function
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, Digital Marketer, and Graphic Designers to create content for emails, social media advertisements and general posts, internal and external marketing materials, and more.
- Write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials.
- Create promotional and informational materials primarily for external audiences (agents, public, advisors, etc.), but also for internal audiences.
- Build positive business relationships with clients, employees, vendors and other business partners.
- Work in collaboration with the creative team to brainstorm strong concepts and ideas for varied communications channels.
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice for IAMS across various platforms and industries.
- Edit and proofread copy as needed.
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Technical aptitude to quickly learn new software and technologies
- Collaborate with Creative Services Team on corporate communications tasks that may not be within the writing realm. (These may include preparing materials for a large event or conducting a group activity.)