Great Plains Communications is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented person to fill the position of Business Intelligence Analyst at our Blair, Nebraska headquarters.
This position will be responsible for:
- Identifying business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs
- Working closely with individuals and teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions
- Building an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues
- Providing data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensuring the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems
- Working to determine business requirements and priorities
- Defining key performance indicators (KPI) and developing BI and data warehouse (DW) strategy, including working with business and development staff to design and document dashboards, alerts, and reports
- Conducting analyses of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participating in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects
- Displaying an in-depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, philosophy, and foundational roots of a data element to create information
- Working well with multiple teams to interpret and anticipate other’s needs.
Successful candidate must have demonstrated experience developing analytic approaches to complex business problems. Must be able to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities and to work under pressure. Strong communication, customer relations, and project management skills are required. Must also be able to work non-standard hours and lift 35-50 pounds as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, statistics, or similar area, plus 2-5 years of data analysis experience desired.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE.
Visit www.gpcom.com/careers to apply.
Great Plains Communications is one of the largest privately-owned telecommunications providers in the Midwest, serving nearly 200 communities throughout Nebraska and Indiana. Business and enterprise services range from traditional and cloud-based voice and data products to installation and support of strategic networks with fully scalable, managed Ethernet solutions. The company also takes pride in its progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of wholesale customers, including regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless and other providers utilizing superior custom engineering and custom-build strategies. In addition, the company serves residential customers with an impressive suite of services including high speed Internet, cable and streaming video, and local and long-distance telephone services. At the core of its service offering is an extensive 13,000+- mile, MEF certified regional fiber network reaching 11 states that is fully supported by a 24x7x365, Network Operations Center.
Founded in 1910 by E.C. Hunt as a Nebraska phone company, Great Plains Communications has evolved over the past century, keeping pace with technology and increasing bandwidth demands to become a leading regional network and fiber services provider.
The company is headquartered in Blair, Nebraska and is owned by Grain Management, LLC: a leading private equity firm focused on investments in the Communications sector.