Great Plains Communications is growing our IT team! We are looking for an energetic, experienced AngularJS developer to fill the position of Software Developer at our Blair, Nebraska headquarters. This position is responsible for front-end development.
- Designing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications, which includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle
- Analyzing and amending software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and providing status reports where required
- Implementing a complete user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance
- Creating modules and components, and coupling them together into a functional app
- Using delivered artistic design, together with a few HTML templates, assisting with animations, CSS, and final HTML output
- Working in a team with the back-end developer, and communicating with the API using standard REST methods.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, telecommunications, or similar area, plus 2-5 years of experience is desired.
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is one of the largest privately-owned telecommunications providers in the Midwest, serving nearly 200 communities throughout Nebraska and Indiana. Business and enterprise services range from traditional and cloud-based voice and data products to installation and support of strategic networks with fully scalable, managed Ethernet solutions. The company also takes pride in its progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of wholesale customers, including regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless and other providers utilizing superior custom engineering and custom-build strategies. In addition, the company serves residential customers with an impressive suite of services including high speed Internet, cable and streaming video, and local and long-distance telephone services. At the core of its service offering is an extensive 13,000+- mile, MEF certified regional fiber network reaching 11 states that is fully supported by a 24x7x365, Network Operations Center.
Founded in 1910 by E.C. Hunt as a Nebraska phone company, Great Plains Communications has evolved over the past century, keeping pace with technology and increasing bandwidth demands to become a leading regional network and fiber services provider.
The company is headquartered in Blair, Nebraska and is owned by Grain Management, LLC: a leading private equity firm focused on investments in the Communications sector.