Great Plains Communications is looking for a high-energy and enthusiastic telecommunications sales professional to join our growing sales team.
- Targeting Service Providers and Carrier Wholesale customers using C-level sales experience
- Performing all activities for the sale of network data services and additional products as driven by the Wholesale customer base
- Building, maintaining, and coordinating Great Plains Communications’ relationship with prospects and customers
- Maintaining a database of targeted customers and their needs and time frames for potential new business opportunities
- Serving as liaison between customer and Great Plains Engineering for all technical resources needed to assess and design network solutions
- Meeting or exceeding assigned monthly quota and working toward established sales goals and objectives
- Cold calling prospects, arranging meetings, preparing and delivering customer presentations both face-to-face and over the phone
- Writing proposals, submitting quotes, and negotiating contracts with customers and partners
- Working closely with the Head of Wholesale to determine, develop, and grow the sales channel by targeting specific customers
- Organizing sales and marketing efforts to find new business
- Working with Project Management to ensure that post-sale implementation occurs effectively, and that the customer is satisfied
- Working with Head of Wholesale to develop a sales forecast and the expense budget necessary to support sales efforts
- Providing reports and information on a regular basis
Successful candidate must have strong public relations skills, time management skills, and written and verbal communications skills. Must also possess the ability to think strategically and to work effectively with a diverse group of co-workers and customers. Experience selling at a C-level is preferred. A working understanding of telecommunications and high capacity network solutions such as Ethernet is desired. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus 10 or more years of sales experience in the telecommunications field is desired. Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel extensively, approximately 50% of each month.
Commission in addition to base salary and competitive benefits provided. Telecommuting available. EOE.
To learn more, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is the largest privately-owned telecommunications provider in Nebraska and is located in the Omaha area community of Blair, Nebraska. At the core of our service offering is an extensive, 9,500-mile, MEF certified regional fiber network that encompasses the state of Nebraska including 400+ fiber miles in Omaha. The network extends into Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wyoming and is fully supported by a 24x7x365, Network Operations Center.
Great Plains Communications has over a century of experience serving homes and businesses in over 90 communities throughout the state. Residential services include high-speed Internet, TV and local & long-distance telephone. Business and enterprise services range from traditional and Cloud-based voice and data products to installation and support of large networks with scalable Internet and Ethernet solutions. The company also takes pride in our progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of carrier and wholesale customers including regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless carriers and other providers utilizing superior custom engineering and custom-build strategies.
Founded in 1910 by E.C. Hunt as a Nebraska phone company, Great Plains Communications has evolved over the past century, keeping pace with technology and increasing bandwidth demands to become a leading regional network and fiber services provider. The company is owned by Grain Management, LLC: a leading private equity firm focused on investments in the Communications sector.