- Provide medical screening and triage via the telephone for a G.I. patient population.
- Communicate patient care issues/problems to MGI providers to establish an appropriate treatment plan
- Maintains communication between doctor and patients regarding diagnostic (lab, x-ray, CT, ultrasound) results. Works with physician to provide optimal patient outcomes. Follows through with informing the patient of lab, test, and biopsy results.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and reasoning skills with investigating and problem solving
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned. Flexibility in work flow.
- Consistently shows ability to recognize and deal with priorities; most important work is addressed first
- Consistently acts as a customer service representative for patients.
- Follow policies and procedures in administration of infusions while maintaining safety and highest level of care.
- Provide infusion needs to patient population following plan of care outlined by provider and infusion processes for the center
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Valid nursing license for State of Nebraska; Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certified
- Three to five years of nursing experience required. GI nursing experience preferred