The Rose Blumkin Jewish Home is one of the BEST places to work as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the Omaha Metro Area!
- Lowest resident to staff ratio in the city
- Casual employee and family focused environment
- Flexible hours
- Well-staffed, fully equipped, and clean
- Beautiful, recently renovated campus
We are looking for individuals committed to providing the highest quality resident care. We are team focused. We only hire the best. No drama. Quality care is our priority. Our residents are from all faiths and backgrounds, and our employees are too!!
We offer a full benefits package for our full time employees. Including a free membership to our state of the art fitness center. Our CNA’s are provided with a variety of incentives from guaranteed hours, CNA tuition reimbursement, quarterly uniform reimbursement, attendance bonus program, tickets to seasonal venues, movie tickets and much more!
If you are serious and want to join our team, you better be special, as our Resident’s deserve the best. We have the following positions open:
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Evenings: 2:30-10:30pm
- Days: 6:30am to 2:30pm
- Overnight: 10:30pm to 6:30am
Please note, we do conduct background checks, physicals, and drug screens as part of the job offer process.
Additional Job Description details listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide resident care as assigned and within the guidelines of the resident’s rights.
- Perform basic nursing skills according to facility policies and procedures and in compliance with Federal and State regulations, i.e., assist with or perform all ADLs.
- Answer call lights in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Report changes in the resident’s condition to the nurse, immediately.
- Report unusual problems or incidents to the charge nurse, in a timely manner, i.e., resident found on floor, report stat.
- Provide AM, HS, and oral cares to assigned Residents.
- Prepare resident(s) for meal(s), i.e., assist to bathroom, position properly in bed or chair, assist to dining room.
- Assist with meals as assigned, serve meal trays and assist Residents, as needed, i.e., “set-up” tray, verbally cue Residents, etc, deliver trays to rooms, assist and/or feed Residents.
- Offer and assist Residents with snacks/nourishments as ordered or requested.
- Adjust resident’s position and bed position to promote comfort.
- Turn and/or reposition all bed and chair Residents at least every two hours and as requested.
- Perform nursing care to assigned Residents as outlined in the care plan and assignment sheet.
- Assist Residents with toileting needs, i.e., assist to bathroom, with the urinal or bedpan at least every two hours, or as requested. Change incontinent Residents and assist with or provide peri care as appropriate and consistent with the Resident Care Plan.
- Maintain, empty, measure and record output of all urinary/fecal drainage devices, i.e., catheters, colostomy, etc.
- Provide baths, showers or bed baths, as assigned.
- Transport Residents in wheelchairs, Geri chairs, etc. in an appropriate and safe manner to meals, activities, etc.
- Measure accurately height, weight, intake, output, vital signs, etc.
- Ambulate resident(s) safely with or without assistive devices such as cane, walker, quad cane, etc.
- Change bed linens weekly and when soiled.
- Listen to Residents’ concerns or problems and report to the charge nurse.
- Follow the chain-of-command when concerns or problems arise.
- Handle, transport and store equipment and linens correctly.
- Perform all duties in a manner to prevent and control infections and consistent with universal precautions, i.e., hand washing, gloving, transporting linen, etc.
- Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe, neat and clean working environment within the Residents’ rooms and throughout the facility.
- Assume accountability for the safety of the Residents in the nursing assistant’s care.
- Identify safety hazards and emergencies and initiate corrective action, which is within your scope of training.
- Conduct resident rounds at change of shift and as assigned.
- Assist with the admission, transfer and/or discharge of Residents.
- Document food percentage, intake, output, height, weight, ADLs, baths, bladder/bowel activity, vital signs, incidents, etc. accurately and correctly.
- Participate in resident care conferences, facility meetings, educational programs, etc. as requested or assigned.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the accuracy of information documented about or concerning the resident.
- Come to work in a clean, neat uniform.
- Become familiar with and foster an atmosphere that promotes and embodies the principles of the Eden Alternative.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Function independently, flexible, personal integrity, and work effectively with Residents, personnel and support agencies.
- Communicate in an understandable manner with Residents, staff, visitors, volunteers, etc.
- Communicate with Residents who have impairments such as aphasia or dementia.
- Communicate appropriately with Residents, facility employees, family members, medical staff, consultants, volunteers, government agencies/personnel and the public.
- Tactfully handle situations with Residents, personnel, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, support personnel and the public.
- Perform skills in a knowledgeable and competent manner and in accordance with facility policies/procedures within your scope of practice.
- Demonstrate a professional manner, i.e., verbal and nonverbal behaviors that reflect respect, politeness, courtesy, etc.
- Come to work as scheduled; be punctual, be dependable.
- Perform all duties in a manner that prevents and controls infections, i.e. hand washing, gloving, transporting linen, etc.
- Relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Keep all Resident, employee and facility information confidential at all times.
- Manage multiple tasks.
- Lift and move (push, pull, etc.) a minimum of 50 pounds and on occasion, assist in lifting and/or moving 100 pounds or more.
- Sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, perform fine and gross movements with the hands/fingers and move about intermittently throughout the workday.
- Work in well-lighted and ventilated office area(s), as well as throughout the facility (i.e., nurses’ stations, resident rooms, dining areas, etc.)
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday.
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to blood-borne pathogens including the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
- Subject to contact with chemicals such as soaps, shampoo, disinfectants, etc.
- Subject to exposure to sharp utensils, i.e., razors.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of Residents.
Customer Service Statement
Of the utmost importance is attention to excellent customer service. How we interact with clients, Residents, co-workers, community members and vendors impacts our reputation and affects our future. It is expected of all employees that they complete their responsibilities with a positive attitude, enthusiasm and always showing dignity and respect toward those, we interact with.