The Rose Blumkin Jewish Home has been regarded as a premier long-term care facility in Omaha for decades. We continually strive to meet the high expectations of our clients by providing exceptional services and programs.
Schedule: 6:15AM - 8:15PM Three days a week, days vary. Includes weekends. (START ASAP)
The dietary aide is a full-time position, Three (3) 13 hour days. Must be able to work weekends and have reliable transportation. Must pass a background check. Must be able to speak fluent English and communicate with Residents, staff and visitors; be cheerful and positive at all times; maintain high standard of sanitation in food handling.
The full-time dietary aide receives a complimentary single JCC membership along with our other FT benefits package. Visit www.jccomaha.org to see our variety of social, cultural, recreational, educational and physical fitness activities and services.
Primary Purpose of Job
Assist cooks in preparation of food for Residents, staff and visitors according to daily production sheets.
Experience: Food service experience preferred in the area of cooking and food preparation.
Other: Read the English language.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high standard of sanitation in food handling and work area per Food Service sanitation matrix.
- Relieves Cooks if necessary.
- Reports any damaged equipment, substandard or spoiled foodstuffs to supervisor.
- Sets up food trays according to tray ticket making sure the correct diet is adhered to, any needed nourishments are included.
- Prepares nourishments and snacks for Residents as indicated by daily production sheets and delivers to units.
- Assists in assembling food trays, assist with serving food on the tray line and in the main dining room.
- Set up, clear, clean and sanitize dining room tables; clean and sanitize dining room chairs.
- After meals, assist in cleaning of food trays and food trucks, as well as soiled dishes. Prepare for next meal with clean tableware.
- Detect and report damaged equipment of any unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain supplies used for nourishments and meal preparations in a proper and sanitary manner.
- Insure table service in Main Dining Room is done in an effective and organized manner. Suggest revisions to Table Service Procedures when necessary. Provide information to maintain accurate seating chart.
- Provide feedback as to utilization of Food Services supplies in the units.
- Adhere to established kosher guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to utilize various culinary machines to carry out position responsibilities.
- Ability to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with Residents, personnel and support agencies.
- Communicate in an understandable manner with Residents, staff, visitors, volunteers, and provide outstanding customer service.
- Communicate with Residents who have impairments such as aphasia or dementia.
- Communicate appropriately with Residents, facility employees, family members, medical staff, consultants, volunteers, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Able to tactfully handle situations with Residents, personnel, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, support personnel and the general public.
- Able to keep all Resident, employees and facility information confidential at all times.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, perform fine and gross movements with the hands/fingers and move about intermittently throughout the workday.
- Ability to push, pull or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must wear department uniform and wear skid resistant shoes.
- No open shoes.
- No fingernail polish.
- No long fingernails.
- Hair net or hat is to be worn while in the food preparation area.
- Will be working around spills, chemicals and with knives.
- Work in well-lighted and ventilated office area(s), as well as throughout the facility (i.e., medication rooms, nurses’ stations, Resident rooms, dining areas, etc.)
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to blood-borne pathogens including the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of Residents.
Customer Service Statement
Of the utmost importance is attention to excellent customer service. How we interact with clients, Residents, co-workers, community members and vendors impacts our reputation and affects our future. It is expected of all employees that they complete their responsibilities with a positive attitude, enthusiasm and always showing dignity and respect toward those we interact with.