Imagine walking a mile every time you need groceries, struggling to find a job near your home simply because you don t have a car, never knowing how to get your kids to and from school; these are the struggles our customers encounter on a daily basis.
With nearly 50 locations nationwide, and growing, CarHop has helped thousands of people with credit issues find a vehicle, improve their situation and turn their lives around. We re seeking a passionate, motivated person hungry to succeed, while helping others.
As a key member of our Reconditioning team, the Lot Assistant is responsible for preparing our inventory vehicles for sale at our retail branch. Key responsibilities include transporting vehicles to/from acquisition sites & repair vendors; basic mechanical inspections & diagnostics; light vehicle repair (i.e. batteries, bulbs, wipers, etc ); cleaning, vacuuming vehicles; and maintaining vehicle status in our computer-based inventory tracking system.
- Pre-delivery inspection of all vehicles (prior to moving onto the lot)
- Identify/diagnose mechanical or electrical concerns on each vehicle that is moved into inventory
- Complete simple repairs, such as replacing batteries/bulbs/topping fluid levels, when appropriate
- Coordinate with preferred repair vendors in the local market to ensure more complex repairs are being completed in a timely & cost-effective manner
- Transport vehicles to/from auction or repair shops as needed
- Detail vehicles when necessary
- Deliver parts to repair shops when needed
- Maintain vehicles on the sales lot, as well as the shop space
- Consistently document recon activities in our computerized inventory tracking system
What makes a career with CarHop different?
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health benefits (medical/dental/vision)
- 401 (k) w/ company match
- Paid time off and great work/life balance
o 2 days off per week
o Closed Sunday s
- Opportunity for advancement- CarHop is a growing company!
- A fun work environment filled with awesome people!
- A rewarding job experience helping people and making their days!
- We give you the tools you need to succeed with regular training and coaching.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong mechanical skills with previous mechanics experience is preferred, ability to complete light mechanical repairs as necessary (Batteries, lamp bulbs, belts, etc...).
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Strong verbal communication skills, problem-solving and independent work skills
- Must successfully complete pre-employment criminal background and motor vehicle records inquiries, have a valid driver s license, and have a driving record that is acceptable to our insurance carrier
This could be the beginning of a rewarding career in automotive service! To be considered for this position, click "Apply Now!"
CarHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.