Imagine walking a mile every time you need groceries, struggling to find a job near your home simply because you don t have a car, never knowing how to get your kids to and from school; these are the struggles our customers encounter on a daily basis.
CarHop Finance, has helped thousands of people with credit issues improve their situation and turn their lives around. We re seeking a passionate, motivated person hungry to succeed, while helping others.
The Underwriter position is responsible for reviewing credit applications and making an independent decision on auto financing applications based on established company guidelines and policies.
- Make independent decisions on individual credit applications.
- Review applications & documentation provided for accuracy & content.
- Utilize the proprietary software tools, as well as external tools such as consumer credit bureaus and other internet sources, to assist in the decision making process.
- Determine how much documentation the customer will need in order to make a credit determination.
- Ability to take the facts, sometimes given limited information, and make determination on how much credit to extend. Work with managers to determine the best course of action on exceptions.
- Talk directly to customers, managers and salespeople on the phone, when needed, to confirm or investigate the information on the application.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication with internal/external customers.
- Assist in training new employees or back-ups, as needed.
What makes a career with CarHop different?
- Competitive compensation package:
- Full health benefits
- 401 (k) w/ company match
- Excellent Paid-Time-Off (PTO) offering
- Opportunity for advancement
- A fun work environment filled with awesome people!
- A rewarding job experience helping people and making their days!
- We give you the tools you need to succeed with regular training and coaching.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two (2) years successful consumer or business loan underwriting experience is helpful, experience underwriting loans for Auto industry is a plus!
- Computer proficiency and experience in a work setting are required. Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment criminal background inquiry, and results must be consistent with company standards
- Must be able to work evenings until 10pm and Saturdays
CarHop is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.