Due to growing client base, Central/West Omaha accounting/consulting firm seeks a credentialed Accountant to join its team of professionals. This position provides growth potential.
Assist in the preparation and analysis of client accounting records; prepare individual and business Federal and state tax returns (prior public accounting/CPA firm/tax service experience needed); knowledge of IRS form numbers in completing tax returns for accurate completion, compliance, and reporting; accounting training and prior knowledge of the preparation of financial statements from scratch; various other accounting, financial reporting, and tax compliance background needed (includes cash receipts and disbursement recording and summarization, financial statement preparation, period/year-end reporting, client interaction and good communication skills, General Journal entry construction and posting to the General Ledger in arriving at final financial statement account balances, reconciliation of bank and other accounts with General Ledger and related subsidiary ledgers, maintenance of depreciation schedules); prior use of and experience with various tax and accounting software packages (including Quickbooks) in performing the above mentioned tasks is necessary. The position seeks a professional who is efficient and effective in a multi-tasking environment and can work in a focused manner under pressure, has an interest in technology and its use in facilitating job functions and has a desire to learn and remain current on Federal and state tax and accounting compliance and financial reporting issues and can utilize tax and accounting software in efficiently performing the above mentioned functions in fulfilling the tax accountant role at the firm.
- 7-15 year of prior experience in Accounting and Tax REQUIRED.
- Bachelor/Associates Degree in Accounting REQUIRED.
- Certified/Licensed as a CA, EA, CPA professional accountant designation (CPA candidates who have passed the CPA exam will be considered) REQUIRED unless technical training and prior experience is sufficient.
- Prior experience as a staff or tax accountant in a CPA or Public accounting firm environment REQUIRED.
- Exceptional attention to detail with perspective.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite products (emphasis in Excel and Word).
- Prior experience with professional grade tax and accounting software (Quickbooks experience helpful; Certified Quickbooks Advisor/Professional Consultant Designation preferred).
- Must be a self-starter and work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently,
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Outgoing personality and enjoys working/helping people and customers with issues.
- Candidates must have stable job history and a demonstrated knowledge of accounting and tax law.
Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted related to any correspondence, communications, and/or resume submissions.
NOTE: All applicants must provide a valid email address and telephone number (where contact may be made during business hours) whereby applicants can be contacted relating to this position. Please submit resume to email@example.com
NO TELEPHONE CALLS. ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY WILL BE CONSIDERED.