Construction Project Manager Omaha NE
Boyd Jones Construction seeks a Project Manager to deliver customer-focused building solutions and cultivate strong client relationships. This position requires significant construction industry experience in the planning and delivery of new construction and major renovation building projects. Candidates must have a proven track record of running successful projects and establishing solid working relationships with clients.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall construction project delivery (successful completion on time, to required quality standards and profitability) on multiple project assignments.
- Provides overall administrative and technical direction to projects, from initial concept through bid preparation to final acceptance by the client.
- Active engagement in business development and nurturing long term beneficial relationship with clients.
- Manages and contributes to the pre-construction process by determining project scope, planning and estimating.
- Develops and manages all project budgets, schedules, and construction subcontracts for projects.
- Monitors and controls construction progress and costs through administrative direction of on-site project personnel.
- Manages the preparation, review and approval process for contractor pay applications.
- Attends meetings for project scope development and design (as appropriate for the delivery method) as well as weekly construction progress meetings to include preparation of meeting minutes.
- Resolves construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements on the project. If not possible, advising and involving Operations Management to effect resolution.
- Identifies required and optional changes in project scope; negotiating change orders with the owner.
- Maintains safety standards in all aspects of each project.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor of Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management required.
- At least 5 years of experience in Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public sector projects valued from $5M to $25M, with Industrial or Educational Facility Construction (K-12 markets) experience, highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required.
- Experience in delivering projects with both Design-Bid-Build and Construction Management at Risk required, Design-Build experience desired.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, CPM scheduling software, and project management software.
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects desired.
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM) desired.
Other Essential Functions:
- Excellent communication skills for interactions with clients, designers, and subcontractors.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.