This position is responsible for contributing to the continuous development and improvement of the estimating department including but not limited to the protocols, policies, procedures metrics, historical cost databases and costs models. In partnership with other SR Estimators and the Director of Preconstruction, assists with the overall department including training, recruiting, and mentoring of estimating staff members.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in establishing protocols, policies, procedures and developing KPI’s; follows up to ensure execution.
- Sources and analyzes competitive bid opportunities in the region.
- Coordinates and leads pre-bid strategy meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of bid packages, receives bids from subcontractors and vendors, and conducts thorough analysis.
- Takes the lead or delegates and manages the internal quantity takeoff process.
- Oversees the preparation and submission of final bids.
- Provides strategy and analysis to maximize cost competitiveness of Boyd Jones’ bids.
- Manages the submission of competitive bids over $50 million.
- Identifies and qualifies new subcontractors and vendors and adds them to our subcontractor database.
- Captures and organizes data and develops a working knowledge of unit costs, production rates, system square foot costs and total building square foot costs.
- Assists with the continuous improvement of historical cost databases and cost models.
- Analyzes and communicates trends in the marketplace.
- Visits proposed job sites to gather information on existing conditions.
- Identifies potential risk factors and advises the Project Team on ways to mitigate.
- Visits projects during construction to review the status of the actual performance verses assumptions made during the preconstruction process.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office suite of software (Word & Excel)
- Knowledge of and proficiency in utilizing Sage 300 Estimating software
- Ability to meet deadlines, be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to estimate projects and accurately prepare complex proposals
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and compare design specifications of various levels
- High degree of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive commercial estimating experience required
Education & Training*:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a construction-related or relevant field required
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
Provided by company