This position is responsible for building forms for small walls/structures, framing walls, installing doors, hardware, accessories and specialty items/fixtures.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Measures and marks cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Installs structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
- Applies decorative or textured finishes or coverings.
- Prepare hazardous waste for processing or disposal.
- Builds scaffolding, platforms and railings, as well as temporary walls
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of construction/building design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Ability to perform basic plan reading and use of mathematics for basic layout and measuring
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and verbal instructions in English
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Skills in manual dexterity, including to quickly move hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Skills in inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Ability to use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
- Skills in developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
- Ability to lift 35-40 pounds consistently and 70 pounds occasionally with assistance; proper lifting techniques required..
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Approximately 95-100% of time on the job is spent standing up.
- Ability to travel to job site as required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of rough or finish carpenter experience require
Education & Training:*
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent required
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
Provided by company