Help BUILD a better world
Boyd Jones is a construction company with purpose, empowering clean energy. Our expertise and industry partnerships ensure we can meet the challenges of the rapidly changing, competitive power market. By acting as an EPC we provide comprehensive solutions, supporting all phases of a project — from feasibility studies through design, permitting, construction, start-up operations, and maintenance.
We are also a pretty great place to BUILD your future! We offer a tough to beat company culture, comprehensive medical and dental coverage options, 401K & profit sharing, life insurance, paid Holidays, PTO, free snacks and drinks at the office, and more!
To help continue to best serve our customers we are looking to add an energy estimator to our team. This person will be responsible for the daily management, coordination and completion of specific tasks associated with the preconstruction phase of projects. Excellence in this role is characterized by providing an exceptional experience for our clients while balancing the quality, construction ability, scheduling, and budget objectives of the Project Team.
- Prepare detailed budgets and estimates at all stages of design for negotiated and bid projects.
- Prepare bid packages, receive bids from subcontractors and vendors, and conduct thorough analysis.
- Develop conceptual cost estimates for projects in planning and then refine as design progresses.
- Document design and cost changes throughout the preconstruction process.
- Understand and manage the takeoff and pricing strategies and procedures for all subcontractor trades.
- Identify and analyze value engineering opportunities.
- Capture and organize data and develop working knowledge of unit costs, production rates and total total costs.
- Supply chain management and continued development.
- Develop and maintain preconstruction process schedules to communicate timelines, milestones and effects on the construction schedule.
- Prepare professional owner proposals and narratives.
- Visit projects during construction to review actual performance and compare to assumptions made in the preconstruction process to enhance future estimate preparation.
- Promote the growth and development of client, designer and subcontractor relationships.
- Performs additional duties as required and assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of estimating experience for a commercial general contractor or multiple subcontractor trades.
- Good working knowledge of building design, procurement and construction processes.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Proficiency using Sage Timberline Estimating software
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related or relevant field required
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered