Boyd Jones Construction Omaha, NE
This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent in all aspects of the day-to-day management, supervision and coordination of a construction project. This position will participate in all activities required to source, pursue and build a project including cost estimation, contract administration, schedule management and risk-quality management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Reads, understands and interprets architectural drawings and specifications related to contstruction project.
- Coordinates development and processing of project documents (RFI’s, submittals, drawings, change orders, ASIs, addendums, etc…), and monitors timely turn-around on these same items.
- Uses Total Station equipment for survey control and layout.
- Produces material takeoffs.
- Provides proper document management for all materials related to project meetings, submittals, RFIs, change orders, etc.
- Assists Project Manager and Superintendent on montioring and updating construction schedules.
- Conducts regular and frequent jobsite visits.
- Assembles O&M manuals.
- Assists leadership in performing job hazard analyses, promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles/practices, materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of construction/building design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Basic ability to use and understand CAD and detailing.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules
- Ability to perform basic plan reading and use of mathematics for basic layout and measuring
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Skills in developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
- Skills in inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Effective written and oral communication skills to build and maintain relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
- Organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Computer proficiency using MS Office suite and CPM scheduling software.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) experience is a plus.
- Skills in manual dexterity, including to quickly move hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders and scaffolding, lift loads up to 50 lbs. occassionally
- Ability to travel to assigned jobsite as required
- Minimum of at least 2 years of experience as a project engineer in commercial construction required
Education & Training:*
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field required
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
| Date Posted
December 3, 2018
| Date Closes
January 12, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
40+ hours per week
| SOC Category
11-9021.00 Construction Managers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Commercial Construction
- Construction Management
- Construction Planning / Scheduling
- Construction Project Management
- Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Compliance
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Building Const., Architecture, and Engineering - Other Software
- Construction Management - Other Software
- 3D Modeling
- Microsoft Office
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position