Boyd Jones seeks an innovative Project Manager for emerging energy technology projects including, but not limited to, wind, solar, natural gas, and battery storage.
This Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the overall construction of the projects ensuring that the project is completed on schedule, within budget and performed according to requirements. In addition, this Project Manager manages all EPC aspects of the delivery of projects from site selection to final installation and commissioning.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Business Development Support
• Supports Business Development during all phases of the assessment of project opportunities to include due diligence, feasibility studies, investment memorandum and budgets.
• Assists with the preparation of proposals, project reviews and interviews.
Preconstruction Design & Technical Review
• Manages overall project design and coordinates engineering and design.
• Reviews civil and electrical designs and technical documentation to ensure compliance with applicable government and industrial codes, standards or regulations.
• Manages the consultants to ensure timely submission of project design and procurement documents.
• Conducts design reviews for technical consistency to ensure regulatory and legal compliance, promote optimization and value engineering.
• Schedules and oversees constructability reviews and post-construction lessons learned reviews.
• Conducts technical analysis and proposes solutions for project modifications, non-conformities, and requests of suppliers/subcontractors for design or technical issues.
Contracting & Procurement
• Oversees the contracting process for selection and management of designers, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors needed to successfully deliver projects under the terms of master project Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contracts.
• Develops and manages the overall procurement schedule to advertise, evaluate and award purchase orders and subcontracts to acquire services and products to support project schedules and budgets.
• Manages, coordinates, and inspects contractor work while project is in progress and contributes feedback to improve the operational success of the projects
• Regularly conduct construction meetings, prepares & distributes meeting minutes, tracks change order requests, tracks problem issues and reacts to feedback from Property Management personnel
• Prepares reports on project details and communicates overall project goals and details to senior asset/investment/construction managers
• Maintains project management logs (RFIs, changes, submittals, construction documents, FF&E, close-out)
• Performs job hazard analyses, promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
• Assists Superintendents with controlling and monitoring project budget & schedule
• Assists Superintendents on due diligence walks – assess property conditions, estimate repair and construction costs, mark-up site plans with work locations, creation of DD reports and projected budgets, assessment of landscape and drainage conditions, taking and publishing photos of work examples and written summaries of overall property attributes
• Manages land control, access and easement requirements.
• Performs other duties as required and assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Knowledge in project management, project accounting, resource management, engineering, field operations, supply chain and business management processes.
• Demonstrated accomplishments in meeting project goals while satisfying quality, performance, schedule and cost requirements.
• Understanding and experience in procurement, contract management, permitting process and applicable regulations.
• Self-directed, highly detail-oriented and organized with strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera etc.)
• Ability and willingness to travel 25% to customer, designer, supplier and project construction sites as required
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a construction project manager required
• Energy sector (wind, solar, energy storage, etc.) experience and/or electrical knowledge a plus
Education & Training*:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or related field required
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
|Date Posted||August 27, 2018|
|Date Closes||September 26, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||11-9021.00 Construction Managers|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories