Boyd Jones Construction Omaha, NE
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete commercial projects on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality while administering excellent construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
- Coordinates and supervises all project construction activities.
- Directs both company field personnel and subcontractors to achieve project completion on schedule, within budget, with quality that conforms to plans and specifications
- Maintains positive relationships with owners, architects, subcontractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Understands project plans and specifications and identifies issues requiring clarification through requests for information.
- Submits daily project reports that document jobsite activities and maintains a detailed three week look-ahead construction schedule.
- Tracks daily time and production for company employees and submits a labor and equipment report each week.
- Conducts weekly subcontractor coordination meetings to identify and solve issues that impede progress.
- Schedules inspections as necessary throughout the project.
- Performs job hazard analyses, promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Conducts weekly safety meetings for company employees.
- Maintains a tidy and organized job site, including the construction office.
- Prepares, schedules and manages completion of a final punch list.
- Technical: Ability to thoroughly comprehend plans and specifications, sequence and schedule on-site work and maintain quality control standards. Computer literacy with email, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, costs and implications.
- Leadership: Ability to successfully coordinate the work of subcontractors, supervise self-performed work and communicate effectively with architects and owners.
- Communication: Displays strong oral and written communication skills along with interpersonal skills needed to work well with diverse personalities and accurately document technical issues in written correspondence and reports.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required. Associates or Bachelors’ degree in or related to Construction Management desired.
- 5 or more years of successful experience in supervising new building construction or major building renovation projects valued at more than $5 million.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, health insurance, vacation and profit sharing.
- Pre-employment drug screen required
- Must be able to pass background check for access to government facilities
- Email resumes to – email@example.com
- Resumes will be held in confidentiality.
| Date Posted
April 24, 2018
| Date Closes
May 24, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
Salary, Based on Experience
| SOC Category
11-9021.00 Construction Managers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Commercial Construction
- Construction Management
- Construction Superintendent
- Industrial Buildings Construction - Industry
- Mixed Use Property Construction
- Multi-Unit Residential Building Construction
- Office Building Construction
- Retail Building Construction
This job is related other jobs in these career categories