Renewable Energy Project Manager
Boyd Jones Construction Omaha, NE
Renewable Energy Project Manager
The renewable energy project manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the delivery of renewable energy projects from site selection to final installation and commissioning. Coordinates and develops a detailed scope of work for projects including site assessment, design, environmental studies, schedules and budgets. Reviews civil and electrical designs and technical documentation to ensure compliance with applicable government and industrial codes, standards or regulations. Oversees the procurement and contracting process to include publishing RFPs, evaluating proposals and making recommendations on award of subcontracts. Arranges and manages all support necessary to successfully complete construction related tasks to include supplier and subcontractor relationships. Coordinates and manages the overall construction of the projects, ensuring that the project is completed on schedule, within budget and performs according to requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Development Support
- Supports Business Development during all phases of the assessment of project opportunities to include due diligence, feasibility studies, investment memorandum and budgets.
- Assists with the preparation of proposals.
- Design & Technical Review
- Manages overall project design and coordinates engineering and design.
- Manages the consultants to ensure timely submission of project design and procurement documents.
- Conducts design reviews for technical consistency to ensure regulatory and legal compliance, promote optimization and value engineering.
- Schedules and oversees constructability reviews and post-construction lessons learned reviews.
- Conducts technical analysis and proposes solutions for project modifications, non-conformities, and requests of suppliers/subcontractors for design or technical issues.
- Contracting & Procurement
- Oversees the contracting process for selection and management of designers, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors needed to successfully deliver projects under the terms of master project Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contracts.
- Develops and manages the overall procurement schedule to advertise, evaluate and award purchase orders and subcontracts to acquire services and products to support project schedules and budgets.
- Project Management
- Development and management of integrated project schedules covering all project phases ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
- Develops, manages and tracks project estimates and budgets.
- Manages land control, access and easement requirements.
- Coordinates field construction with project superintendent.
- Directs contract administration, financial reporting, and work-in-progress reporting and risk management activities.
- Manages project related communications with the customer.
- Quality Assurance
- Monitors and documents conformity of projects to required engineering and construction standards.
- Promotes a safe working environment and ensures strict adherence to site safety policies, particularly with respect to crane operations, geotechnical constraints on foundation types and soil properties for trenching operations.
- Monitors performance of commissioning and startup tasks according to plans.
- Creates and fosters a collaborative and quality-oriented environment.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Four or more years of experience in the wind energy sector with knowledge and experience in micrositing, feasibility studies, project engineering and capex evaluation.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in meeting project goals while satisfying quality, performance, schedule and cost requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in project management, project accounting, resource management, engineering, field operations, supply chain and business management processes.
- Understanding and experience in procurement, contract management, permitting process and applicable regulations.
- Self-directed, highly detail-oriented and organized with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel 25%+ to customer, designer, supplier and project construction sites as required.
- May be exposed to high noise levels on construction sites and environmental conditions requiring the use of personal protective equipment to include hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection, gloves and safety shoes.
| Date Posted
September 15, 2017
| Date Closes
October 15, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Experienced (7-15 yrs. experience)
| SOC Category
11-9021.00 Construction Managers
Yes - 25
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Construction Project Management
- Renewable Energy Systems
This job is related other jobs in these career categories