Are you looking for a great place to work with a flexible schedule, excellent benefits, competitive pay and a chance to make a difference? PromiseShip is a fast-paced organization that embraces change and has a huge sense of purpose. We are looking for individuals who are motivated, compassionate and enthusiastic about helping children and families.
PromiseShip works to make children and families safe and healthy while creating a thriving environment. We have an awesome benefits package, promote community involvement, wellness, cultural growth, training, opportunities to learn and grow, and above all – have some fun while we do it. The work we do is challenging and rewarding. We offer:
- An engaging culture
- On site Company Kitchen
- Bellevue University Tuition Assistance Program
- Wellness program
- Comfortable office setting next to a park and walking trail
- Employee recognitions
- Quarterly off-site All Staff gatherings
- Family Picnics, soup cook-offs, football party days
- Routinely On-site: Massage Therapists, Food Trucks
- Monthly On-site: Midland Pet Therapy Day
- Training and development opportunities
- Team atmosphere
- Did I mention a great, comprehensive benefit package and competitive pay?
If you are forward thinking, creative with a strong sense of purpose, PromiseShip is the place for you.
PromiseShip is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to provide HR support to the agency. Areas of focus will include recruitment, employment, employee relations, compliance, and benefits and leave program. The ideal candidate will be solution-focused, an effective problem solver and decision maker, have strong attention to detail, experience initiating and managing projects a the ability to successfully collaborate within all levels of the agency.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Interviews, screens, and recruits job applicants to fill entry level, professional and technical job openings.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements.
- Coordinates new hire intake paperwork and orientation (including benefits) is completed and processed. Ensures I-9 forms are accurately filled out and E-Verify compliance with Homeland Security.
- Manages the internal job postings system and coordinates all communication internally and externally related to open positions, filled positions, and offer letters.
- Initiates and monitors results of background checks. Follows the requirements under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Ensures personnel files are accurately maintained.
- Maintains Human Resources Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Participates in developing organizational goals, objectives, and systems.
- Performs benefits administration and communicates benefit information to employees.
- Administers and monitors employee leave program.
- Participates in employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Serve as a role model in carrying out the PromiseShip mission.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abide by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Perform other program related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, Business or a related field
- 2 years of progressive Human Resource experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) preferred;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of human resource management, effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex issues.
- The ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. PromiseShip is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at (402)492-2500.