Are you looking for a great place to work with a flexible schedule, excellent benefits, competitive pay and a chance to make a difference? PromiseShip is a fast-paced organization that embraces change and has a huge sense of purpose. We are looking for individuals who are motivated, compassionate and enthusiastic about helping children and families.
PromiseShip works to make children and families safe and healthy while creating a thriving environment. We have an awesome benefits package, promote community involvement, wellness, cultural growth, training, opportunities to learn and grow, and above all – have some fun while we do it. The work we do is challenging and rewarding. We offer:
- An engaging culture
- On site Company Kitchen and free coffee
- Wellness program
- Comfortable office setting next to a park and walking trail
- Employee recognitions
- Quarterly off-site All Staff gatherings
- Family Picnics, soup cook-offs, football party days
- Routinely On-site: Massage Therapists, Food Trucks
- Monthly On-site: Midland Pet Therapy Day
- Training and development opportunities
- Team atmosphere
- Did I mention a great, comprehensive benefit package and competitive pay?
If you are forward thinking, creative with a strong sense of purpose, PromiseShip is the place for you.
Director of Training and Development
The Director of Training and Development acts as organizational development liaison and advisor to PromiseShip staff and facilitates the organization's training and professional development across the organization. The Director of Training and Development supervises the training department, DHHS required training, oversees organizational development programs, intern program, professional growth, and talent identification and development at all levels. This position is also responsible for developing strategies to facilitate improved organizational performance.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Directs the needs assessment for training, organizational development, and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of PromiseShip.
- Proposes training and development programs and objectives.
- Identifies and incorporates mandated training requirements according to DHHS and other regulatory agencies and tracks completion.
- Directs a broad range of organization development services for all levels of employees regarding talent development, succession planning, career paths, performance reviews, employee engagement and leadership development.
- In collaboration with HR oversee employee development planning, implementation and ongoing maintenance of staff training, performance management, career planning, educating staff on equal employment opportunity, and diversity.
- Designs, develops, and updates organizational development programs and training for all levels of management and employees.
- Oversees the development of learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, lesson plans and other training and development products and services. Presents course materials as needed.
- Reviews evaluations of training courses, objectives and accomplishments to determine process improvement needs.
- Assesses effectiveness of training and development in terms of employee accomplishments and performance.
- Consults with HR and management on performance, organizational and leadership needs. Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall agency performance.
- Hires, manages and evaluates training staff.
- Creates a learning and development strategy, vision and action plan to contribute to the success of the organization.
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in training and development, organizational development, human resources or related field.
- Five to seven years’ experience supervising an organizational development and/or training department or similar function.
- Seven to ten years of training and organization development experience to include designing and leading performance related strategies, leadership development, and change management.
- Master's degree preferred.
- HRCI and/or SHRM Certified Professional preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer