Are you looking for a great place to work with a flexible schedule, excellent benefits, competitive pay and a chance to make a difference? PromiseShip is a fast-paced organization that embraces change and has a huge sense of purpose. We are looking for individuals who are motivated, compassionate and enthusiastic about helping children and families.
PromiseShip works to make children and families safe and healthy while creating a thriving environment. We have an awesome benefits package, promote community involvement, wellness, cultural growth, training, opportunities to learn and grow, and above all – have some fun while we do it. The work we do is challenging and rewarding. We offer:
- An engaging culture
- On site Company Kitchen and free coffee
- Wellness program
- Comfortable office setting next to a park and walking trail
- Employee recognitions
- Quarterly off-site All Staff gatherings
- Family Picnics, soup cook-offs, football party days
- Routinely On-site: Massage Therapists, Food Trucks
- Monthly On-site: Midland Pet Therapy Day
- Training and development opportunities
- Team atmosphere
- Did I mention a great, comprehensive benefit package and competitive pay?
If you are forward thinking, creative with a strong sense of purpose, PromiseShip is the place for you.
Human Resources Specialist
PromiseShip is currently seeking a Human Resources Specialist to handle and provide support for HR programs within the organization. This position will carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: HR Compliance, Onboarding and Offboarding, Records Management, Recruitment, and Employee Safety/Worker’s Compensation.
- Maintains the record keeping and data collection functions required for compliance with federal and state employment laws, COA, state employment laws, EEO/AA, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Assists with the coordination, collection and quality checking of onboarding and recurring records processing agency wide.
- Verifies employment information for employers and credit agencies.
- Posts positions in the applicant tracking system and on job boards.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements.
- Conducts new hire benefits orientation.
- Coordinates new hire intake paperwork and orientation (including benefits) is completed and processed. Ensures I-9 forms are accurately filled out and E-Verify compliance with Homeland Security.
- Initiates and monitors results of background checks. Follows the requirements under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Ensures personnel files are accurately maintained.
- Prepares Personnel Action Forms for new hires, terminations, promotions, pay adjustments and other employment-related actions.
- Collaborates with Marketing to disseminate information to staff regarding any HR-related events and updates.
- Works with the Benefits department to ensure timely processing of enrollments and changes and to ensure accurate communication to staff regarding any changes or issues.
- Acts as liaison between Payroll department and PromiseShip staff to ensure accurate and timely reporting of hours and to address any pay issues.
- Completes unemployment claims and represents PromiseShip at unemployment hearings.
- Completes or disburses employment verifications.
- Maintains Human Resources Information System records.
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, Business or a related field required.
- 2 years of experience in Human Resources Management preferred.
- Good communication skills and ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality a must.
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
Equal Opportunity Employer