Are you looking for a great place to work with a flexible schedule, excellent benefits, competitive pay and a chance to make a difference? Nebraska Families Collaborative is a fast-paced organization that embraces change and has a huge sense of purpose. We are looking for individuals who are motivated, compassionate and enthusiastic about helping children and families.
Nebraska Families Collaborative works to make children and families safe and healthy while creating a thriving environment. We have an awesome benefits package, promote community involvement, wellness, cultural growth, training, opportunities to learn and grow, and above all – have some fun while we do it. The work we do is challenging and rewarding. We offer:
? An engaging culture
? On site Company Kitchen and free coffee
? Wellness program
? Comfortable office setting next to a park and walking trail
? Employee recognitions
? Quarterly off-site All Staff gatherings
? Family Picnics, soup cook-offs, football party days
? Training and development opportunities
? Team atmosphere
? Did I mention a great, comprehensive benefit package and competitive pay?
If you are forward thinking, creative with a strong sense of purpose, Nebraska Families Collaborative is the place for you.
Human Resources Manager
The HR Manager reports to the VP of HR and Community Relations and manages the human resources department for NFC. The HR Manager supervises a team in the coordination and administration of Human Resources programs. This includes recruitment, retention, benefits, employee relations, payroll, EEO, Affirmative Action, FMLA, ADA, disciplinary action, and employee relations. This position develops policies and procedures and provides interpretation and guidance to management and employees.
Major Responsibilities & Duties
a. Manages the operations of the human resources department.
b. Develops, maintains and communicates and or provides training on Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
c. Manages the staffing process including recruitment, interviews, background checks, and runs employment reports. Recruits and interviews job applicants as needed.
d. Ensures that the performance review process is operating effectively and updates the process to maximize effectiveness.
e. Responsible for ensuring that DHHS personnel file requirements are met and pass file audits at no less than 95%.
f. Works with the Organizational Development Manager regarding training and development. Conducts training if needed on specific topics.
g. Oversees new hire intake paperwork and orientation processing.
h. Oversees and monitors results of background checks. Follows the requirements under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
i. Ensures personnel files are accurately maintained.
j. Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
k. Maintains Human Resources Information System records and compiles reports from database.
l. Plays a leadership role in developing organizational goals, objectives, and systems.
m. Performs benefits administration and communicates benefit information to employees.
n. Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
o. Conducts employee relations counseling with staff and management and conducts exit interviewing as needed.
p. Ensures legal compliance throughout human resources.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, Business or a related field and five years’ experience in Human Resources Management;
2. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) preferred;
3. Three years’ experience in employment law and other government compliance regulations is preferred.
4. Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality a must.
5. Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
6. Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
7. The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
8. Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and government law.
9. Ability to be proactive, organize and prioritize work.
10. Must have working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software
|Date Posted||October 6, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 5, 2017|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||11-3121.00 Human Resources Managers|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position