Provide exceptional customer service while establishing trust and respect in all daily functions. This position is responsible for accurately processing debit and credit transactions in compliance with established policies and procedures while maintaining a professional manner. Identifies and addresses customer’s needs by providing a variety of services. Resolve customer’s problems through direct personal action or referral to appropriate banking staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Model the Access Bank core values daily.
- Assist customers in a responsive, friendly and courteous manner.
- Answer telephone immediately in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner.
- Assist customers by utilizing and being knowledgeable on bank systems including Teller, Navigator and Director.
- Be knowledgeable in assisting customers using financial institution’s core values, and how they relate to our products and services.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into Teller system.
- Cash checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Promote and explain other financial institution services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes, traveler’s checks and money orders.
- Assist customers with entry into Safe Deposit Boxes.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Assists with checking night depository bags and recording proper information on the financial institution’s forms.
- Accurate completion of Cashiers’ Check logs.
- Assists with Vault balancing and operations.
- Assist with dual control procedures required within the branch.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to the computer-generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Act within all security and compliance procedures and policies.
- Attend and/or participate in training programs, which include online classes and branch training.
- Ability to work on the weekend when the branch is open.
- Other duties as assigned
Our pledge is to be the preferred community bank by:
Inspiring a team committed to living the ACCESSway
Building long lasting relationships
Being trusted advisors for our clients
Being meaningful contributors of time, talent and resources in the communities we serve.
Accessible: Always be approachable, willing to listen and eager to help.
Character: Approach everything with integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and honesty. Address all matters promptly and directly.
Customer Centered: Our customers always come first. Greet them by name and with a smile. Customers, whether internal or external, are not an interruption of our work, they are the purpose of it.
Excellence: There are no shortcuts to quality. Be thorough, timely, and accurate in all that you do.
Serving the community: Servicing others is who we are. Give back to the community with your best combination of time, talent, and resources.
Strive to be the best: Work hard to be the best in everything you do. Seek opportunities to further your knowledge and skill-set.
We value teamwork: We work together as a team; not as individuals. Open and honest communication must be practiced at all times. Challenge, support, trust and learn from each other. All for one and one for all!
Attitude: A positive outlook keeps the ACCESSway thriving and helps our team succeed. Work hard, have fun and enjoy the journey.
You are the difference: You are empowered to go above and beyond for our customers. You represent the bank in each and every interaction. It is up to you to embrace the ACCESSway and live it each day.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or two years of college or equivalent experience.
- Six months to one year of prior experience in financial institution teller activities.
- Basic knowledge of math, cashiering, balancing, debits, credits, bank products, and/or banking. Must have solid balancing and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening).
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, ability to handle multiple priorities and produce results, ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated/takes initiative.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to effectively work with colleagues and on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
ACCESSbank is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled