Performs customer services, such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts, accepting consumer loan applications and processing consumer loans and assisting customers with queries concerning financial institution services. Responsible for the development of new business relationships and maintaining existing relationships. Answers questions on all services the financial institution provides, and recognizes selling and referral opportunities.
Assists in overseeing the operation of a branch office with total loans and deposits of varying amounts. In the absence of the Branch Manager, exercises executive and administrative control over the functions of the office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the personnel management of branch staff.
- Assists in the management of overall branch office operations as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Provides input on reviews staff members for formal performance evaluations. Coordinates and provides staff training when needed.
- Provides a complete range of customer services at the financial institution, including opening new accounts, explaining available financial institution products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts.
- Receives deposits and ensures that all accounts are properly processed.
- Establishes retirement accounts, and makes arrangements for direct deposits.
- Carries out the financial institution’s client retention strategies.
- Proactively prospects for new business.
- Accepts applications, gathers required financial information, underwrites, approves consumer loans within prescribed limits and closes consumer loans and consumer real estate loans.
- Assists supervisor in establishing objectives and plans for financial center.
- Participates in sales, service and product training meetings.
- Represents the financial institution in community affairs and civic organizations.
- Provides efficient and courteous customer service, cross-marketing products and services to generate new business for the financial institution.
- Assist customers in a responsive, friendly and courteous manner.
- Be knowledgeable in assisting customers using financial institution’s core values, and how they relate to our products and services.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Required to exercise sound judgment with moderate supervision.
- Performs the duties of a Teller II as necessary.
- Efficiently utilize all system programs to help research and assist customers.
- Time management skills used to complete projects while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Support Branch Operations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
ACCESSbank Core Values
Client Centered Taking great care of our clients is our top priority.
Integrity Establishing respect and trust in all relationships.
Empowerment Our staff is skilled to provide complete banking satisfaction to our clients.
Teamwork Working together to create results for our clients, employees, shareholders, and the community.
Balance Life is more than work and work should be fun!
Client Service Expectations
Accuracy We will pay attention to every detail of every transaction to ensure it is error free and handled professionally.
Responsiveness We will listen carefully to the needs of our clients and be responsive and accessible.
Courtesy Our clients will be treated as welcomed, respected guests. We will always express appreciation for our client’s business.
Partnership We build personal, trusting relationships by being proactive in identifying client needs and providing beneficial solutions that will contribute to the success of our clients.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years banking or related financial industry experience.
- Good basic knowledge of banking regulations, reporting and lending practices.
- Previous experience analyzing credit and financial information.
- Basic understanding of underwriting procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to determine credit worthiness of potential borrowers and clients.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of bank products and services offered.
- Effective selling, cross-selling and referral skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening).
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, ability to handle multiple priorities and produce results, ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated/takes initiative.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to effectively work with colleagues and on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.