Family, Inc. is looking for an Executive Director who is a self-starter with extraordinary interpersonal skills who can prioritize and complete tasks to deliver desired outcomes in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be optimistic and versatile in a position that requires frequent change and flexibility. If you are practical, results-oriented, enjoy frequent interaction with others, and value intellectual growth opportunities than this might be the opportunity you are looking for.
Family, Inc. provides public health and family support services to women, children and families in Southwest Iowa. Family’s primary goal is to assist parents in becoming their child’s first and most influential teacher through education, empowerment, and wellness. Through its various programs Family works to ensure families have access to the services and support that they need to allow their children to enter school healthy, safe and ready to learn.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all the operations of the organization including staffing, planning, developing, budgeting, implementing and evaluating organization programs; advocacy and systems change activities; and represents the organization, or delegates such representation on the local, state, and national level.
- Provide strategic direction for all programmatic activities including fundraisers, early childhood family support programs, and related special events.
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic vision of the organization.
- Lead fund development efforts (grant writing, donor cultivation, event oversight, etc.) to maintain current programming as well as diversify funding sources.
- Partner with all stakeholders including Board, staff, partner organizations, volunteers and supporters to create and implement a strategic plan.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Family, Inc. to include submission to the Board of proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Oversee the budget including planning, preparing, monitoring and administering; recommend opportunities to grow and develop new revenue streams for the organization.
- Develop marketing and public relations programs to gain prospective donors.
- Collaborate with community partners to enhance the early childhood program support in the community; develop relationships with community organizations and staff to communicate Family, Inc.’s mission.
- Master’s Degree in social work, early childhood education, or related field preferred Iowa licensure or certification required.
- At least five years of managerial experience.
- At least five years of experience in a nonprofit leadership role.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- A working knowledge of practices, procedures, programs, terminology and systems relating to early childhood family support organizations and public health programs;
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and fundraising.
- Knowledge and experience with administrative aspects including hiring, firing, evaluating and supervising staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Must be a self-starter who can initiate projects and move them forward.
Please use this link to apply: goo.gl/abdv71